cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV stick activation problems

Hi, 

I purchased a NOWTV stick with 2 months free entertainment pass, which has been preloaded to the device. I am unable to activate my NOWTV stick, as whenever I enter the code displayed on my tv screen into my laptop, and confirm my email address, it goes straight onto a page saying 'oops, something has gone wrong'. This has been happening all morning, and I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem to this, and if so, whether you have any suggestions as to how I could fix this. 

Many thanks!

32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exact same problems re activation but with a TV box  not a stick. Now have been waiting 11 days for an email or notification to explain how they will overcome 'known technical issues'. Been escalated, taken the box back to the shop and changed it, countless re-sets, hours of my life shared and lost with Live Chat. Beginning to think that it must be a deliberate policy not to update or keep in contact- surprised that a company like Sky would accept such standards though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has anyone had any joy in solving this stick activation problem?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried activating a new Now TV Stick with one months sport included today 18th July with the same continuous "oops error", after reading the link below, I created a new account and the stick duly activated.

Well that left me with two accounts running with a live sport membership on one and the FREE Months Sport pack on the New account which was wasting my FREE sport month.

So I went on Live Chat and explained the situation as the registration system for Now TV sticks and boxes on existing accounts doesn't work, to her credit she refunded the months FREE Sports month onto my main existing account with a new voucher code for one month sports pass and fully deleted the new account I had set up to purely activate the stick.

This is the only solution that worked for me posted by Nigel https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Smart-Box/New-NowTv-Black-Box-unable-to-register/m-p/534732/hi...

This is how I eventually did it.

This is to help YOU when you cannot activate a new Now TV BOX (eg 4k voice activated) or Stick against a current Now TV account. Basically when the Box or Stick asks you to enter the 6 digit code shown on the the screen eg 4jc567 at this Address www.NowTV.com. Then every time you do whether from a phone, tablet or PC you get get WHOOPS SOMETHING WENT WRONG and your stuck with a box or stick to use as a paper weight.

I strongly suggest you don't waste anytime like I did, 6 days talking to online help and waiting for technical to contact me with every excuse under the sun, try logging in from a different PC, phone, tablet resetting the box 25 times etc etc. Then telling me to return a perfectly working box to the supplier. The problem appears to be at their end; poor software affecting a very large number of accounts. In order to get your box to activate for the first time you will have to set it up with a totally new account new payment details etc. Then once the box is working change to your original account and cancel the new one. It sounds long winded; but its the only way to avoid weeks of disappointing support. I had to loose the free passes that came with the new TV Box they did not activate but it is now working with my original account. I hope this helps someone not to waste all the time I did, in hoping that, someone ,anyone at Now TV could solve the issue for me. They could and did not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I’ve had exactly the same problem and have had no success in getting anyone to help fix this problem. I’ve tried online chat but that keeps cutting out and my emails are not being answered either. I’m at the point of cancelling. Let me know how you get on please. 
I need help!!! 🥵

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, I jumped through all the hoops, tried 3 different sticks on different TV’s but nothing worked. Then I just asked them for the movies package for a month and gave up! Sorry Im not much help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This code crap is pathetic. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Code not working .[email removed] 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have a look on this link, hopefully it will help.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-smart-stick

Most Smart Sticks that come with Passes included are digital, so the Passes get added to your account automatically.

If your device came with a paper voucher for a NOW TV Pass, just head to the Passes & vouchers section of My Account (you may need to sign in), select the Apply a voucher link next to the Pass you've got a voucher for, and enter your code. 

Worst case get in touch via Live chat and speak directly with Now TV staff. Just make sure you click "chat online" within the green box.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

[email removed]

Anonymous User
Not applicable

But the code it thats on the tv but wont work