cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV stick activation problems

Hi, 

I purchased a NOWTV stick with 2 months free entertainment pass, which has been preloaded to the device. I am unable to activate my NOWTV stick, as whenever I enter the code displayed on my tv screen into my laptop, and confirm my email address, it goes straight onto a page saying 'oops, something has gone wrong'. This has been happening all morning, and I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem to this, and if so, whether you have any suggestions as to how I could fix this. 

Many thanks!

32 REPLIES 32
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you based in the UK ?

If so try this link below when entering the six digit code shown from your television screen.

I would try switching the power off on the stick to hopefully generate a new code where you have

approx 9 minutes to enter the code before it refreshes to a new code on the television screen.

When using your internet browser try with it's adblocking software switched off or if still no joy try your internet browser in either a Private Window or Incognito mode when using the link below.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv 

Out of curiosity where did you buy the stick from, the reason i am asking was because on the Tesco Ebay site a while back they was sending out Republic of Ireland sticks to UK customers which wouldn't work or accept the activation code on the NowTV UK website.

If you are a Republic of Ireland customer i am assuming you haven't bought the stick from a UK retailer ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

Hi, 

I am based in the UK, and I purchased the stick from NOWTV. I've tried the suggestions down below, but unfortunately no luck! 😔

Thank you tho!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sophie

I have been having the same problem since Sunday. Are you sorted yet?

I've spent hours on with Live Chat re-setting things multiple times with no joy. I'm now in email contact with them, and they're saying it's an issue affecting other customers... but as of yet they haven't been able to fix it.

I hope you get it solved soon... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sophie & Andy

I was in contact with tech team via email and they said it is a know problem and they are working to rectify as soon as possible. Mind when I asked if they would let me know when it's sorted, they just said to keep checking the community pages and gave me the link. Not really that helpful with so many posts on the site everyday.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Same here - no indication of timescales. I have asked them to treat it as a complaint. The Complaints Code of Practice says "If we’re unable to resolve your complaint while you’re on the line, we’ll tell you how long we expect a resolution to take.." So far nobody is willing to tell me how long a resolution is expected to take (or even answer my question is it likely to be fixed within a week, within a month or within a year!) so it appears that the Complaints Code of Practice is not taken seriously. 

They suggested returning the stick to the retailer for replacement. I would not bother with a replacement, given my experience so far, I'd get a refund and choose a different device. But in any case the retailer said they are reluctant to give a refund because they do not believe the stick is faulty and because they cannot verify whether I have actually used the pre-loaded passes or not. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

For what it's worth, I thought this was linked to having a free 7 day entertainment pass already active. However, that pass expired, and I still cannot activate the stick.

The Smart Stick (or Useless Stick?) contains a 1 month entertainment pass (and a 1 month cinema pass and a 1 day sports pass). So I asked LiveChat how I could use the entertainment pass, that I have paid for as part of the Useless Stick package, to carry on watching programmes. They said the only thing I could do was fork our £8.99 for a replacement pass, otherwise I won't have access to the service until they fix the fault, assuming the do eventually fix the fault.

It feels wrong that I have had to pay again to access a service that I've already paid for, while Now TV continue to fob me off. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Spoiler
@Anonymous User @Anonymous User  i’m having exactly the same issue. Has anyone got an answer yet? 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve been having the same problems since last Friday.Ive tried 3 different browsers, 2 devices, 1 laptop, 2 wifi networks, 2 phone networks and exchanged my original stick as faulty on advice of Now TV help all to no avail. 

Ive advised of this and am awaiting a follow up email from Now TV. Any solution would be appreciated. Close to cancelling my original subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm also waiting on a follow up email. I've just had another attempt with Live Chat. The guy told me they're working on it and he's marked it as high priority. We shall see whether this makes any difference. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User im close to cancelling my subscription too and asking for a refund as I’ve paid for 2 months now without being able to access the TV