cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sophier97
Advocate

NOWTV stick activation problems

Hi, 

I purchased a NOWTV stick with 2 months free entertainment pass, which has been preloaded to the device. I am unable to activate my NOWTV stick, as whenever I enter the code displayed on my tv screen into my laptop, and confirm my email address, it goes straight onto a page saying 'oops, something has gone wrong'. This has been happening all morning, and I was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem to this, and if so, whether you have any suggestions as to how I could fix this. 

Many thanks!

0 Thanks
17 Replies
NOW TV Team Nadine-K
NOW TV Team

Re: NOWTV stick activation problems

@sophier97 

Hello Sophie, the device you are using and the browser may not be compatible try a different device such as a laptop if possible and also use Chrome. 

Thanks
Nadine-K
The Now TV Team 🙂
0 Thanks
sophier97
Advocate

Hi @Nadine-K 

I have tried on safari and chrome, I've also tried on my mobile, and also with wifi and with 4G, but still no luck. 

The problem seems to be when redeeming the entertainment passes and confirming my NOWTV account. 

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Nadine-K
NOW TV Team

@sophier97 

Safari would not work, its best to keep using chrome and WIFI on another device if you can?

Thanks
Nadine-K
The Now TV Team 🙂
0 Thanks
sophier97
Advocate

@Nadine-K 

Just tried chrome on my phone with wifi, but it is still not working. Just says 'sorry, something went wrong at our end'. 

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Nadine-K
NOW TV Team

@sophier97 

It may be that you need to add it manually 

Are you able to use the live chat for the agents to do this for you. 

Thanks
Nadine-K
The Now TV Team 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
schnapps Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @sophier97 

Are you based in the UK ?

If so try this link below when entering the six digit code shown from your television screen.

I would try switching the power off on the stick to hopefully generate a new code where you have

approx 9 minutes to enter the code before it refreshes to a new code on the television screen.

When using your internet browser try with it's adblocking software switched off or if still no joy try your internet browser in either a Private Window or Incognito mode when using the link below.

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/tv 

Out of curiosity where did you buy the stick from, the reason i am asking was because on the Tesco Ebay site a while back they was sending out Republic of Ireland sticks to UK customers which wouldn't work or accept the activation code on the NowTV UK website.

If you are a Republic of Ireland customer i am assuming you haven't bought the stick from a UK retailer ?

0 Thanks
sophier97
Advocate

@Nadine-K  yes i am available for live chat! 

0 Thanks
sophier97
Advocate

@schnapps 

Hi, 

I am based in the UK, and I purchased the stick from NOWTV. I've tried the suggestions down below, but unfortunately no luck! 😔

Thank you tho!

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Nadine-K
NOW TV Team

@sophier97 

Please click how to get in touch the little green arrow and an agent will be with you shortly https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/technical-device-issues/problems-watching-now-tv

Thanks
Nadine-K
The Now TV Team 🙂
0 Thanks