cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV stick not working

Im trying to help my aged mother set up her NOW TV stick that I bought for her. She has it plugged in and it connected to wi-fi. It couldnt connect to the internet. She constantly has a blue screen and when she presses the home button on the remote control, it goes "pop" (her words) and just stays on the blue screen. Any suggestions? Im paying for a stick thats impossible to install and I cant contact anyone from NOW tv. Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

She also says that the stick is very hot, and she is getting error code 009. I have tried getting her to reset the router...unplug the router...other devices work fine and get access to internet. Im at a total loss and REALLY frustrated that Ive paid and continue to pay for something she cant use. And there is NO way of contacting ANYONE at NOW tv. Im so upset for her 😞

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have never encountered the Error code 009 myself when setting up my NowTV devices, but it does crop up from time to time on the forum 😠.

There is a number of reasons this can happen where it is mainly caused by no wifi communication between the stick and your Router or something on the Router that is blocking the final stage of the stick setup process.

Also there are too many things to try for me to cover in this post on here 😡.

Where i would type in the search box on the top of the forum page and enter Error Code 009 where you should find multiple return results.

Then unfortunately it's a matter of spending time and effort ploughing through the suggestions and ideas on the various threads until hopefully you find something that works for your mum.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its connecting to the wi-fi but no internet access....I will carry on ploughing through the error code responses on here. Im going to try and talk mum through accessing the router, but no idea really what I am doing lol. The blind leading the blind as they say.... thank you for your response anyway 

xx

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's frustrating that my NOW  TV stick has not been working for many weeks and all efforts to get intourch is in vaim