cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV stick factory resets every time I start

Hi All,

For a couple of weeks I have been having real problems with my Now TV stick.  On my smaller TV it just shows the loading screen and the light flashes on the stick.  When it does start up, it makes me go through the set up as though it was a new installation.

I have now tried it on my larger TV and I also had to factory set up. I tried changing the plug from the default plug, as I saw that it can be a problem, but it seems to make no difference.  Can anyone advise as I really hate having to go through Now TV's chat system.

2 REPLIES 2
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Kev

I'm not a stick user so cannot give any technical advice, however if this problem just started, without you making any changes to any of the internal menus and options, and it's still under guarantee then I would say return and exchange it for a new one.

Otherwise, write to Now TV at the following:

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpg

They may be able to give you some instructions that could help.

UK Bob

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe hold in the reset button for about 15 seconds for one last try.

Where it sounds the Stick is faulty or the reset button is stuck in a factory reset loop.

How far does it get during the initial setup before going back into a automatic fresh factory recycle ?

If it happens when setting up the Stick with your home wifi network, then if you have mobile data i would be tempted to try your smartphone has a temporary wifi hotspot and see if the Stick can progress any further in the setup process.

Otherwise get in touch with NowTV or if the Stick is still under warranty contact the Retailer that sold you the Stick.