cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Stick error message when trying to activate

I'm hoping someone can help, or be able to open a technical issue case with Now TV. I've tried on several occasions to activate my Now TV Fire stick. I get to the stage of entering in the activation code that it provides to redeem the vouchers. But each time I time to re-deem the vouchers, I get the error message "Oops something went wrong on our end, refresh and try again". I've tried refreshing the page, I've tried both in firefox and chrome on both my laptop and mobile. I understand that the call centres and webchat are closed, is anyone able to help and raise the technical issue?

Many thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You are not alone with this problem (here's one example from today in this similar linked thread below).

I have flagged this up to a NowTV Staff Member.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/New-now-tv-stick-and-need-help/m-p/528017#M4767 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks so uch for flagging this. I've accidentally marked this as resolved. First time using the forum.

Kind regards

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You should be able to undo the accepted solution yourself, by going to the solution post that you marked, then click the three vertical dots top right (settings) then on the option drop down menu given there should be something like Not Solution which you need to click on it to undo it.

If you haven't got the privilege yet (in my opinion this should be in place for anybody who creates a new thread if you ask me) in the tool settings because of your current forum ranking i will see if a NowTV Staff Member can undo the marked solution on your behalf.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had exactly the same with my second stick 2 months ago, got same message and wouldn't accept my account details. Eventually got sorted with lots of complaints and live chats but have have had to reboot NowTV on the same stick and now can't use it as won't allow me to set up, - I enter code on website but when login with my account get the oops message again 😩

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User , @Anonymous User 

We're looking into this issue. Would you be able to provide the serial number from the back of the stick? (It's the number that starts with SN)

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @Simon-J 

The serial number is D4399E675607

AN84
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Simon-J, thank you. serial number is SN-D43998285077

Kind regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J, I've tried again and still get the same message that something went wrong on NowTV's end. Any idea when this will be resolved?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

i bought my now tv stuck back in November but I still can’t use it. I have had s number of now boxes which have all broken but the last stick I bought had an entertainment pass with it 

every time I try to load it up it keeps saying I need to today my payment card details, however when I i update them it keeps

aayong something has gone wrong. I have tried many many times to chat live with someone to resolve this issue but I go so far then I’m cut off. 

Could someone please try and resolve this issue for me. Another thing I noticed when looking for my address it says all my neighbours addresses but mine isn’t highlighted from the list. 

I would be so grateful if someone could resolve this problem for me as it’s been many months now and I’m still not connected.