cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Smart Stick

I bought a Smart Stick have followed all the instructions numerous times and absolutely nothing happens! Took stick back thinking it was faulty but new one exactly the same. So frustrating!

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

How far have you gone trying to setup & activate the stick from this linked help article below ?

What stage are you getting stuck from the 5 steps shown on the help guide ?

Does the stick connect to the wifi on your router or any message shown on your TV screen ?

The more info you can provide the better chance somebody on the forum can help & assit you.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/set-up-your-now-tv-smart-stick 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I charged the stick and did everything as per instructions but nothing happened. Beginning to think my TV is not compatible maybe? I have app on my TV and tried to buy a package but this didn’t work and was told not compatible but thought would be ok with stick?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Would have thought the nowtv stick would work with a TV with a HDMI port and a 2.5mbps internet connection speed over wifi.

Out of curisoity what package was you trying to buy through the NowTV App on your TV ?

You are not using a Youview box by any chance with your TV, where the NowTV App on Youview only currently offers on demand movies.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have tried buying both the movie and entertainment package but could get neither. 

I do have a Youview box but not sure if app only offers on demand movies. Does that make a difference?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also how do I know what my internet speed is? I’ve not done this before haha 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With regards to the problem surrounding your new nowtv stick it is difficult to say what's happening on the information you have provided.

See if reading this help article including all the green links contained in the article can point you in the right direction.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/get-started

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi

I charged the stick and did everything as per instructions but nothing happened. Beginning to think my TV is not compatible maybe? I have app on my TV and tried to buy a package but this didn’t work and was told not compatible but thought would be ok with stick?

Hi @Anonymous User 

When you say that you charged the nowtv stick (or was that a typo error) did you leave it connected to the supplied power adapter that came with the box with the power left switched on ?

The reason i am asking is that the stick hasn't got an inbuilt battery like a mobile phone and needs constant power when in use all the time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You are my hero! Didn’t realise had to be charging at the same time. All done now and set up and ready for Game of Thrones episode 1.....thanks so much 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Phew we got there in the end 👍👍👍.

Glad you got it sorted enjoy Game of Thrones which is a fantastic TV show, can't wait until Season 8 starts in April 😀😀😀.