cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV STICK cant access free to view live channels

i have a smart box and wanted to switch to a stick but then i couldnt access the free to view channels like cbs action.  can i access these free to view channels? i hope it wasnt a waste of money

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The stick has no inbuilt Freeview tuner for you to connect an aerial to, so unfortunately you can't use it to watch over the air broadcasts like on a Smart Box. You can only watch the on-demand apps and other Internet enabled apps available in the App Store. BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub allow you to watch live channels over the Internet.

If you need to be able to connect an aerial to watch Freeview best to carry on using the Smart Box and either use the Stick on a different TV in the house or see if you can return for a refund.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The stick has no inbuilt Freeview tuner for you to connect an aerial to, so unfortunately you can't use it to watch over the air broadcasts like on a Smart Box. You can only watch the on-demand apps and other Internet enabled apps available in the App Store. BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub allow you to watch live channels over the Internet.

If you need to be able to connect an aerial to watch Freeview best to carry on using the Smart Box and either use the Stick on a different TV in the house or see if you can return for a refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I was thinking of getting the Now TV Stick for my partners TV,she has Broad band how does she order passes when its pluged in to television

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. You can buy passes on the stick itself by opening the NOW TV ap and going to the My Account screen, or you can buy from your My Account > My Passes page on the website

https://account.nowtv.com/passes

Bear in mind if she shares your account rather than using an account of her own then purchases will be made against the card on your account. You might want to consider adding a payment PIN to your account, although if you want your partner to be able to purchase on her own using your account she will need to know the PIN.

http://account.nowtv.com/payment-pin

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks! I’ve done just that