cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV Low Power Error

Hi

I have NOW TV on main TV and i have just changed from a fire stick to the ROKU USB, to which it was a PIG to install as it kept freezing.

then it threw an error message saing low power.

I installed the USB power to mains and used my pre existing 1.5 m USB cable to the dongle

it still threw out this error message, and kept stalling and crashing.

i then replaced the cable for the original in the box and it still gave a low power message

i went and had tea and came back and it ran all thru the evening , ran netflix and worked well, but then in the morning the TV wound't turn on and then the same issue all over again low power please install power.

is here an issue with the usb and slightly longer ( the TV is mounted on the wall) and the power supply and why should it work with the genuine and then stop

or have a got a genuine dead or faulty stick ? ( only bought last night ) the TV is an older HDMI non USB 1080P Philips TV and was working fine with the Amazon Stick, ( only reason replaced is for the NOW TV in the bedroom)

any ideas or pointers as i need the longer cable for the power ( existing aleady in place worked with the Amazon for last 2 years)

and why would it give this error whilst on its genuine also

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi

I have NOW TV on main TV and i have just changed from a fire stick to the ROKU USB, to which it was a PIG to install as it kept freezing.

then it threw an error message saing low power.

I installed the USB power to mains and used my pre existing 1.5 m USB cable to the dongle

it still threw out this error message, and kept stalling and crashing.

i then replaced the cable for the original in the box and it still gave a low power message

i went and had tea and came back and it ran all thru the evening , ran netflix and worked well, but then in the morning the TV wound't turn on and then the same issue all over again low power please install power.

is here an issue with the usb and slightly longer ( the TV is mounted on the wall) and the power supply and why should it work with the genuine and then stop

or have a got a genuine dead or faulty stick ? ( only bought last night ) the TV is an older HDMI non USB 1080P Philips TV and was working fine with the Amazon Stick, ( only reason replaced is for the NOW TV in the bedroom)

any ideas or pointers as i need the longer cable for the power ( existing aleady in place worked with the Amazon for last 2 years)

and why would it give this error whilst on its genuine also

thanks

With you already using the mains, plus 2 different leads @Anonymous User i reckon that this is in fact, a faulty stick. It should definitley have enough power if used via the mains electricity.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Yeah I got the stick replaced and 😁 sorted.

Only issue I had to resolve was I had used my 4 devices and had to live chat to get the new stock put to account as returned my faulty stick...

But sorted.

Thanks