cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Stick Freezes and is Non Responsive

Just bought a NOW TV Stick. Thought that the updated hardware would make things run better. How mistaken can one be! Everytime I stream Sky Sports News, BBC I player, Any of the Live Entertainment channels, the picture freezes, and the stick and remore are unresponsive. I have to disconnect the stick from the power source to get things working again.!

I have done a factory reset, software update, My guess is that the only thing left is to take it back for a refund!!!

Aren't these devices road tested before going on general sale?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
Have you done a forced software update, if not try this Press Homex5, FFx3,RWDx2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
@Anonymous User
Have you done a forced software update, if not try this Press Homex5, FFx3,RWDx2

Yes. At best that is a temporary solution. As it does it again within hours. No specific time or channel. My kids watch a movie and all is well. I stream Sky One or Sky Sports and it freezes and locks up. It even freezes with BBC Iplayer.....

So my guess is the error lies in the wi-fi. Could be as simple as the stick gets so hot the wi-fi dies until a restart. A Bit like a PC when the Processor is over worked, the heatsink is clogged, the temperature gets so hot, that the entirre computer freezes until a reboot.

I go back to my comment about road testing these devices.... 

So far I have had the smart boxes, these are terrible. The GUI is a mess, there is no EPG to speak of, and again they get so hot they completely shut down.

The smaller black boxes are better, even better with ethernet as opposed to wifi..... except, I have to do a forced restart every couple of days, as all the thumbnails refuse to load. And of course the issue of picture breakup into multiple-coloured lines while watching the football.

The NOW TV Stick, however, appears to have issues. And forced updates and factory solutions are not a fix! They merely delay the next occurence.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User   There definitely is a problem with this new stick, I had the back box which worked well so decided to get the stick  ( thought I was getting something even better) but not so , one problem after another, so decided to purchase a Roku Express and wow , this is so much better and would you believe even responds so much faster than the now stick . May be a few pounds dearer but with all the extras you get on it  and the reliability of it so much worth the little extra .

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User   There definitely is a problem with this new stick, I had the back box which worked well so decided to get the stick  ( thought I was getting something even better) but not so , one problem after another, so decided to purchase a Roku Express and wow , this is so much better and would you believe even responds so much faster than the now stick . May be a few pounds dearer but with all the extras you get on it  and the reliability of it so much worth the little extra .

I have considered buying a Roku device.... I looked at the Roku 3. I may give your suggestions a look.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User
I’ve now gone back to my chromecast but only one flaw is that if pause on live channel it stops it altogether but would be better if had pause feature though.