cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Multiple sticks bought so multiple virtual passes

Hi, I have converted to the now tv dark side and I am in the process of leaving sky.

having bought my first stick plus 2 mths entertainment and purchased the £5 kids, cinema and ent special, I have managed to stack my entertainment 2 mths in the process of activating the stick. To do this I purchased the £5 before adding the device to my account.

however if I buy more sticks will it keep stacking the virtual passes. There is no code or scratch card in the boxes.

i refer to the passes as virtual because they are applied during activation 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you decide to buy another stick, then use your existing nowtv account details when you set it up.

You can stack the pre loaded vouchers on the stick to your account, but i am not sure of the limit of the number of vouchers you can stack.

Where i know the vouchers need to be redeemed no more than 12 months from date of purchase of the stick, so for example adding six two month entertainment vouchers all at the same time (if it is possible to stack that amount) will be cutting it fine with regards to the redeem date on the sixth voucher.

Also be aware you can have a maximum of only 4 registered devices on a single account with 2 nowtv content streams at the same time. 

If you are only going to use the pre loaded vouchers and sell on or give away the sticks after the vouchers have been uploaded to your account.

Then make sure you factory reset the sticks to ensure you wipe away your nowtv account details off them. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you decide to buy another stick, then use your existing nowtv account details when you set it up.

You can stack the pre loaded vouchers on the stick to your account, but i am not sure of the limit of the number of vouchers you can stack.

Where i know the vouchers need to be redeemed no more than 12 months from date of purchase of the stick, so for example adding six two month entertainment vouchers all at the same time (if it is possible to stack that amount) will be cutting it fine with regards to the redeem date on the sixth voucher.

Also be aware you can have a maximum of only 4 registered devices on a single account with 2 nowtv content streams at the same time. 

If you are only going to use the pre loaded vouchers and sell on or give away the sticks after the vouchers have been uploaded to your account.

Then make sure you factory reset the sticks to ensure you wipe away your nowtv account details off them. 

RoyB
Legend

Unless they changed this and didn’t tell me, you could not redeem a second paper voucher until any first paper voucher that was running was in its last month.

I don’t know if this has changed with the virtual vouchers; but I am replacing my use of on-TV NowTV apps that won’t do subtitles with NowTV sticks that will. I’ve changed one TV over this month, redeeming a three-month Ent ‘voucher’, and using up this month’s device change allowance.

But I can do the second one after Feb 28th, so I can let you know if it will let me stack the voucher behind the two months left to run from the first voucher or not.

And if not, I wonder what it will do?

Anybody know?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So to answer my own question:

virtual passes created by purchasing sticks with bundles are automatically added to the pending vouchers and passes part of your my account. If you have less than 30 days of the pass you are on it will instead add it on to the active pass so that it starts flawlessly.

all other vouchers and passes need to be manually started when the current pass has less than 30 days until expiry.

i don’t know about expiry of vouchers or passes if they are in the pending state