cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mobile to stick Connection

Can I connect to my now tv stick to my mobile phone via Bluetooth without being connected to broadband wifi
6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The NowTV stick doesn't offer any Bluetooth connectivity only WiFi.

Out of curiosity what are you trying to do over Bluetooth between your NowTV stick and your mobile phone ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi..
I was wanting to use my phone as a hotspot for Internet connection for the
stick to watch nowtv untill my broadband gets connected ..is this possible?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Do you mean using your mobile phone internet data with the stick ?

Then i believe this is done over wifi rather than Bluetooth by setting up a wifi hotspot on your phone.

Never done it before, but i would have thought you need to activate the wifi hotspot on your phone, then when you setup the stick select your phone's wifi hotspot information.

Just be aware when watching video content from the stick with your mobile data you could be using anywhere up to 2Gb per an hour as a rough guess.

So make sure you have plenty of phone data free.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Ahh that's great..
Thanks for your advice
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi im trying to use my iphones hotspot on my now tv stick. But it osnt allowing me to. Keeps saying no wireless no internet. Any idea why?? But it allows other phones to connect to my hot spot. And other phones can connect to my stick. Thanks for any help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue. I believe it’s because it’s an iPhone connection we’re attempting. Android hotspots allow stable connections. I have attempted it off my other iPhone too and I’m facing the sane problem. I’m gonna buy a mini portable hotspot devices... hopefully that’ll solve my issue