cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mini USB cable

I bought the new Now TV stick today , I have a Roku stick at present which I have a mini USB cable to power it from the TV ,

my question is   Am I right in thinking  that I can use the Mini USB cable that I have for my Roku stick to power up my  new Now TV stick ?

or do I need to buy a different type of USB cable for the new Now stick.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Having just double checked the NOW TV stick uses a micro-USB cable not mini-USB, so if your old Roku stick used mini-USB (I'm not sure which it used) then you'll need to stick with the cable that came with the NOW TV  stick instead.

Easy enough to check - if the cable fits the NOW TV Stick you can use it, if not you can't.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy, Many thanks for the diagram. I can now see  what the difference is between the different cables.

I did not know this before 

Thankyou

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy
I had problems with now tv stick how won’t work using USB port on tv how wasn’t enough power to stick but I used my old amazon stuck cable and all suddenly it’s enough to power stick so that’s bit strange.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Yeah that is strange. Nothing special about the spec of a micro-USB cable that should cause any difference but I suppose like all cables you get cheap ones and better quality ones. It could also be fluctuations in the power provided by the USB port on the TV. Be interesting to know how you get on over an extended period of time, maybe let us know if you'd had any problems over a week or two.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven’t used the one in the box as I had an old Amazon Kindle USB cable. It works well. 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy
Hi. No issues at all using that usb cable from fire stick.