cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

McDonald's prize plus Stick

Hi, 

I've never had NowTV before and yesterday I set up a 3 month subscription that I got in the McDonald's Monopoly game. I want to buy a Now stick so that I can watch it on my TV. All the sticks I've seen come with subscriptions already. What I'd like to know is, if I buy a stick with a 2 month subscription, will that be added to the 3 months from McDonald's or am I best waiting until the 3 months have passed before buying a stick so I don't lose out on the 2 months offered with the stick?

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

No problem buying a nowtv stick with a pre loaded bundled pass for watching on your TV now if you wish to use it straight away on your television.

I am assuming the McDonalds 3 month pass and the stick bundled pass you are interested in buying are the same type of pass i'e. entertainment, cinema, etc.

Then if so, i would start with the 3 month McDonalds pass and once you buy the stick set it up & activate it straight away using the same exact account details you used when you created your nowtv account.

The 2 month pass on the stick will be automatically saved and uploaded into the My Account > Passes & Vouchers section, where there will be a link towards the top of the page saying vouchers waiting for you.

To have 5 months of continuous use of the pass, you would need redeem the saved 2 month voucher on your account within the last 30 days of the 3 month McDonalds pass coming to the end.

Don't forget if you don't want to continue with the nowtv pass after the 5 months duration, then make sure you cancel before the next due payment date shown on your account.

If want a break between the 3 month McDonalds pass and the 2 month pass on the stick, cancel the pass and just be aware you have 12 months to redeem the 2 month voucher from the stick which will remain saved on your account until you start it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Now TV stick can be purchased without passes from the Now TV site for £14.99.

But, if you think that you might like to continue with Now TV past the end of the McDonald's prize then buying a pass bundle and saving the pass for later would be better value for money.

The pass only transfers from the device to your account when you load up the stick - it doesn't activate the pass until you click to do this. I activated a pass the other day and it also requires entry of your payment pin if you have one.