cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Low power ?

Hi guys
I gave my now tv stock to my grandad and apparently it sometimes gives a low power error ? What is this ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The following help page explains what's happening

https://help.nowtv.com/article/low-insufficient-power-warning-smart-stick

I'd recommend he uses the power adapter supplied to power the stick rather than relying on the TV USB port, which may be underpowered or intermittent.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The following help page explains what's happening

https://help.nowtv.com/article/low-insufficient-power-warning-smart-stick

I'd recommend he uses the power adapter supplied to power the stick rather than relying on the TV USB port, which may be underpowered or intermittent.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried to charge the stick using the adaptor plug overnight but it still gives a low on power aigb

how M I meant to charge this stick  it’s only used every other night 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You don't charge the nowtv smart stick like a mobile phone.

The stick needs a constant power supply either from the mains power adapter supplied in the box or a sufficient USB socket on your TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The message 'Low power' is always displayed when the stick is powering on.
I therefore conclude that it simply means 'booting'.
I guess it's because Sky want you to keep it powered on permanently, wasting power, rather than just powering it on when your TV powers on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am plugged into the mains but it still tells me i should plug it in the mains

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Have you tried another adapter or power cable? 

What does it say if you plug it into the USB port of the TV?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks, will try them tomorrow
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear all,

I believe I have solved the main low power issue with the nowtv stick.  TV usb's can be 500mA or 900mA (or both as on my tv).  The 500mA was great until they brought in the new home page, then the low power message came up half of the time.  Once I checked the charger supplied with the stick, which supplies 1.0A, I swapped the usb port on the tv to the 900mA one and all is cured.  In fact, the stick works much better and is quicker to menus etc.  Not sure if all TV's will have the 900mA usb, but Now TV should update their own information to advise users of this, as they still state that you can use a tv usb in places and that you cant in others!  Hope this helps out, as I have a wall mounted tv with hidden cabling, so didn't want the power cable hanging down the wall to power the stick. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got my power cable straight into the TV's usb slot and keeps the stick powered up fine and frees up a plug socket