cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I’m based in London so have a UK now tv stick, my sister bought a now tv in Ireland and wants to use my account, she has been given the activation code to link device to tv, once added she gets her free passes and then asked to set up or log into a account, once she enters my account it only logs in on her mobile and doesn’t link the TV and the stick etc. The TV still has the activation code also with no changes. Can someone advise? Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Northern Ireland or Eire?

Eire have their own, slightly different, NowTV, and I believe that your sister can’t use a UK account on an Eire Stick.

Though if she has the UK app on a mobile phone, she will be able to use that under the EU roaming rules, as she would a UK Stick in Eire.

Though I wouldn’t be surprised if a UK Stick had to be activated in the UK before it could be used in Eire, and you couldn’t take one to Eire and activate it there, even if you were careful to specify the UK activation URL, rather than the Eire one you would be defaulted to.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi it is Ireland but my account is a English one
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

It doesn’t matter what you’ve got, account or Stick.

It matters what she’s got, Stick, and if it is an IE model, not a UK one.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When I thought I had heard/read it all 🙂 

I'm all for sharing to a degree but this really does take the biscuit

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

Hi Maggie

It's more than likely that you and your sister are geo-blocked from doing what you are trying to do, which is cross border sharing.

Now, parents can share their account with their college student based children but they have to be in the same country. And nowadays, Now TV allows to use their service if you are taking a trip to an EU country for up to 30 days, it's called roaming.

You can find out more here:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-abroad

Hope this helps.

UK Bob