cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live chat/ help

Help please! I had the now tv box (black) just bought a tv stick which comes with 2 months free entertainment, so I cancelled the entertainment package on the black box now none of them are working??? 

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

Help please! I had the now tv box (black) just bought a tv stick which comes with 2 months free entertainment, so I cancelled the entertainment package on the black box now none of them are working??? 

You don’t actually cancel your package; what cancelling actually does is cancel the automatic renewal, and the existing paid-for package keeps running until  the renewal time, and then it all stops.

And the free two months with the Stick is associated with the Stick.

So what you have to do is put the Stick on a TV, sign in with your existing account (don’t create a new one), and then the two free months will be added to your account as vouchers.

But you still have to go into where they are stored on your account, and Redeem them, which you can do as soon as there is less than a month of Entertainment Pass left on your account. As unless there was only a day or so to go on the one you ‘cancelled’ it should still be running until it expires.

After which the two free months will start.

It’s anybody’s guess ( or rather the knowledge of someone more clued-up about this than me) whether redeeming the two months will restart the automatic renewal after two months, but my guess is that it will.

The black box, by the way, will still keep working perfectly well, and will ‘know about’ the two months pass, as this is centrally associated with your account. So if you have another TV, you can plug the black box into this, and have two NowTV devices on the go at once, or as least be able to seamlessly swap between what will be two out of the six NowTV devices you are allowed to have.

Set the Stick up, see how you get on, and do come back with any more queries or difficulties that you encounter.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.