cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG tv with Boost

I was thinking of purchasing a pass for Sky Sports but need some advice. I have an LG tv from 2016 which has the NOW tv app and I have bought day passes before but I was thinking of adding Boost this time. However, it seems it will not work on LG tv's using the app. Is this correct?

Fortunately,  I have a NOW tv stick which I bought last Christmas and was wondering if this is compatible with Boost? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The NowTV Stick would be the better choice over the two because it offers 50fps with Boost.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I thought so. Thanks for confirming. Don't suppose the LG app will ever be updated to take advantage of Boost. If there were plans I'm sure it would have been done by now.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The LG Web OS smart TV's do offer Boost such has 1080p, 5.1 surround sound, third additional simitanous stream on your account, but doesn't offer 50fps playback when watching sports.

You would need to take it up with NowTV why LG and Xbox doesn't currently support 50fps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

The really shocking thing is why the new consoles don't support 50FPS

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Being a customer like your good self i haven't got a clue why LG Web OS or Xbox consoles don't support 50fps playback when watching sports with a Boost Pass (would be surprised it would be a hardware limitation unless there are other factors involved).

Can only suggest send NowTV an email.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg