cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Keeping your Now TV stick plugged in

Is it OK to leave the Now TV stick plugged into the mains and TV 24/7. I haven't disconnected mine since I bought it. Let me know. Many thanks. C

0 Thanks
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Expert 3

Re: Keeping your Now TV stick plugged in

@ChrisR there is no reason to suggest that it's NOT ok to leave it plugged in but disconnecting an electrical device over night is purely the users choice. Some people prefer to, others don't.

If you do decide to unplug it, then you may miss out on updates that are done overnight and have to manually check for updates during the day.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Mentor

Hi all, it's been over a month and no-one has replied to let me know if it's OK to leave my Now TV Stick plugged into my TV and mains all the time.

I haven't unplugged it from the mains or removed it from the TV HDMI  port since I bought it. Is this OK?

Thanks.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 3

@ChrisR there is no reason to suggest that it's NOT ok to leave it plugged in but disconnecting an electrical device over night is purely the users choice. Some people prefer to, others don't.

If you do decide to unplug it, then you may miss out on updates that are done overnight and have to manually check for updates during the day.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mentor

Thank you, just the a & g needed. C 

0 Thanks