cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Keeping your Now TV stick plugged in

Is it OK to leave the Now TV stick plugged into the mains and TV 24/7. I haven't disconnected mine since I bought it. Let me know. Many thanks. C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User there is no reason to suggest that it's NOT ok to leave it plugged in but disconnecting an electrical device over night is purely the users choice. Some people prefer to, others don't.

If you do decide to unplug it, then you may miss out on updates that are done overnight and have to manually check for updates during the day.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all, it's been over a month and no-one has replied to let me know if it's OK to leave my Now TV Stick plugged into my TV and mains all the time.

I haven't unplugged it from the mains or removed it from the TV HDMI  port since I bought it. Is this OK?

Thanks.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User there is no reason to suggest that it's NOT ok to leave it plugged in but disconnecting an electrical device over night is purely the users choice. Some people prefer to, others don't.

If you do decide to unplug it, then you may miss out on updates that are done overnight and have to manually check for updates during the day.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, just the a & g needed. C 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've also left mine plugged into my tv since I got it about 1 month ago, its been fine every night but tonight I went to use it and remote seemed frozen as nothing was working so I took the stick out of tv and noticed light was off, I plugged it all back into tv and light came back on on the stick and all working again, stick was also very hot but this is normal I think.