cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ANGELFLOWER
Mentor

Is the NOWTV stick a device?

Bought a NOWTV stick, not set it up yet. Is it counted as a device as I already have 4?  I have seen this statement on the site:

"Yes – you can add up to 4 devices to your account, including additional Smart Sticks."

Which implies the sticks are in addition to the boxes, so more than 4 devices?

I have the Black Friday pass with the stick so only really need the pass, but the stick would be useful as an additional device if it can be used as such.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Yes @ANGELFLOWER the Smart Stick is most definitely a device. So if you plan to use it, I’m afraid you’ll have to sacrifice one of your other 4 devices. Maybe have a going away party for it? 

You could, of course, swap the new stick for one of your existing devices and apply the pass. Then next month swap it back again if you wish.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Yes @ANGELFLOWER the Smart Stick is most definitely a device. So if you plan to use it, I’m afraid you’ll have to sacrifice one of your other 4 devices. Maybe have a going away party for it? 

You could, of course, swap the new stick for one of your existing devices and apply the pass. Then next month swap it back again if you wish.

ANGELFLOWER
Mentor

Thanks. Thought that would be the answer looking through the forums.

Why does it say that you can have 4 devices and additional sticks though? This is on the main NOWTV site. 

Was hopeful the sticks were extra as it says you can take them to hotels etc.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @ANGELFLOWER

You will be fine to go ahead and setup & activate the stick on your account.

Just follow the instructions that you see on your TV screen when you first switch on the new stick.

Once the stick is ready to use, go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here, scroll to top of the page, where you will see a message " Vouchers Waiting For You" with a green link button.

Click on the link and you should then see the voucher pases ready to redeem on your account.

The stick would only be added to your account once you play some nowtv content on it with your passes if you have any spare device slots available on your account.

Because you have already got 4 devices and reading your post you are quite happy using this existing devices, then if you tried playing some nowtv content on the new stick it will come up with a message that you have reached your maximum devices and if you wanted to add the stick onto your device list, you would have to go to My Account > Devices and remove one unwanted device before it would be added to your account Device list.

After you have redeemed your vouchers, just put your stick in the cupboard draw and use has a back up player for the future.

If you ever give the stick away to somebody, always remove your account details from it.