cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ITV hub not working

Everytime i press a programme on itv hub it just takes me back to now tv home screen i have tried unplugging stick and backin and removinf and reinstalling the app but still the same. Any one else had this problem? I so need to watch emmerdale aand corrie 

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine isn't working either

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My girlfriend and I had issues with this recently and we found the solution.

We tried to open BBC iPlayer but got the same message but we had another NowTV appliance in my other room, which would allow us to use the app. We checked the version of the NowTV appliance and the version of the BBC iPlayer app on both and they were both matching - so it's not an update issue.

We then purchased a new NowTV appliance which also had this issue, so I disabled the "5Ghz WiFi" frequency on my router so both appliances were on the same frequency and it worked. All 3 appliances are now working without an issue.

Our router is supplied by TalkTalk, so if you have this issue it's most likely due to your router. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You should find the STV Player App on your nowtv box or stick by going to the App Store, then click on the STV Player App and you can add it to your My Apps section.

Then open the STV player App in the My Apps section of your nowtv device and when asked use this post code EH4 3DR

I know the STV player App is available in the Apps Store on the black box, smart box and smart stick (not sure about the white box, where you will have to double check if you own the older white box).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thank you. Will give it a go tomorrow.

STV = Scottish TV?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Yep Scottish TV.

Where most on the main UK shows such as Corrie, Emmerdale, X Factor are available there plus some local Scottish Stuff.

I personally think the STV Player is a much better App than the ITV Hub Smiley Wink

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brilliant thank you, working with STV. 

But I wonder why we are all having the same problem with itv hub?

think I will try deleting and re-installing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Brilliant thank you, working with STV. 

But I wonder why we are all having the same problem with itv hub?

Think I will try deleting and re-installing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Deleting the ITV hub and re-installing has worked!!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Glad you got the ITV Hub working again Smiley Happy

When the ITV hub wasn't working yesterday a few people on the forum did mention that they tried to delete and re install the App again but without any success, it still didn't work for them.

Sounds like overnight something has changed to the ITV Hub App for it to work for you.

Just remember in the future if there is any issues with the ITV Hub App, you have always got the STV Player App to cover the main ITV shows has your emergency back up Smiley Happy