Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a new remote but it is,stuck on pairing

Can someone help me
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes the remotes are the same, I have tried rebooting with router too, I will go and by new batteries and try to see if it works in another TV, u have been helpful thank you.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I just want to double check that you held in the small reset button on the stick for about 20 secs.

Where if the stick reverted back to its factory reset settings, you would have seen a Lets Get Started Message on your TV screen and some instructions to go to nowtv.com/tv webpage with your PC or mobile internet browser to enter a six digit code shown on your television screen.

When you factory reset the stick did you see the above ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No I didn't it just went straight to pairing and won't move from that.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Didn't show anything else
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Try a factory reset again.

With both your TV switched on in it's correct HDMI input source and the stick powered up keep holding in the small reset button on the stick body for longer than 30 seconds to see if the TV screen displays Lets Get Started or a different on screen message rather than the pairing message.

If the stick will not factory reset, see if the stick will work via your smartphone by downloading the Free Roku Remote App from your phone's App Store.

I am assuming you wifi signal is ok where the stick is located in the room at your home.

I don't know what else to suggest, apart from get a replacement stick under warranty from the Retailer you purchased it from if it was bought in February this year.