Not applicable

I have a new remote but it is,stuck on pairing

Can someone help me
14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

See if you remove the power to the stick for a minute, then reconnect the power and go through the pairing process again following these instructions.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-pair-your-smart-remote

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I will try ur suggestion thank you.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have tried everything ,do u think I need a new stick iv only had this one since February and it gets hot really quickly. I can't get it off of pairing.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Last resort, try a factory reset.

With the stick and TV switched on, hold in the small reset button on the stick for about 15 to 20 seconds.

Please note if you factory reset the stick you will have to setup the stick again from scratch and make sure you use your existing now tv account details when requested.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The stick does run pretty warm, if you have a HDMI port on the side of the TV then maybe try that to see if it improves the ventilation and wifi signal around the stick.

Also maybe try the supplied power adapter plug has well with the stick if you are currently using the USB port on your television for power to the stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I only have the original cable stick was sent with and my HDMI is at the back of the TV I just don't understand if its paired why is it frozen.Anyway sorry to keep bothering u.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried to factory reset the stick yet and also see if some fresh batteries inserted into your new nowtv smart voice remote helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I have tried everything u have told me to, apart from new batteries which I will try if that doesn't work I really dont know.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Try new fresh batteries.

I am also assuming the replacement remote is the same version has the original remote that has the voice search option and the volume buttons on the side ?

If nothing works, have you got another television at home to try the stick on ?

You could also maybe try a quick power down and reboot on your Router before trying the stick again with your new replacement remote.