cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdm66
Mentor

Hyperoptic

I have had many providers of broadband over the years and recently joined hyperoptic.

My problem now is TV stick does not find 5ghz and I have never had so many problems on 2.4ghz . losing connection and WiFi. Can anyone help please. Hyperoptic support tests show all good and other devices . only now TV playing up. Is it coincidental (faulty stick)? Or is there a problem with now TV.

Hope someone  can help

Thanks

Chris

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@cdm66 

Just checked my Stick, and it’s running on 5Ghz like a champ.  BT Broadband coming in over a Netgear Nighthawk router.

So perhaps a faulty Stick, perhaps a router issue (are you using one Hyperoptic supplied?) or perhaps Hyperoptic are telling you porkies.

If you have a friend or family member who isn’t with Hyperoptic, but has 5Ghz, pop round and try it there. Or maybe your mobile phone can provide a 5Ghz service on a WiFi hotspot you can try?

If the problem moves with the Stick, it’s possibly faulty*.

If it doesn’t, suspect your router if you chose it, or go back and play hardball with Hyperoptic if they supplied it.

*There’s a little button on the side of the Stick. With the Stick plugged in and powered up, hold this in for 30 seconds and let it reset (not just reboot).

Set it up again, and try it again. See if it now works.

If not, discuss Stick reliability with whoever you bought it from; hopefully in warranty, but if not, remind them of your reasonable expectation of a six-year working life under the 2015 Consumer Rights Act.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.