cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to connect old TVs to internet and NowTV sticks

have a Nowtv stick and my old Samsung 2009 TV has a HDMI port. All good so far. However, not sure how to connect to internet on TV so that NOW stick works. Have SKY internet but connection ports do not match any port on the tv and it's a helluva distance from the TV so any leads will have to be very long - at least 15 feet.

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

You don’t connect to the internet on your TV; you connect to the internet on your Stick.

And you don’t need a cable, as long as the router has WiFi and the Stick is in range of it (and 15 feet should be easy), as the Stick uses purely WiFi.

So plug your Stick into the TV, switch the TV to the HDMI input the Stick is in, and follow the instructions that came with the Stick to set this up and get it working.

Any further problems, come back again and ask further.

Good luck!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

That’s what I thought but it keeps telling me to refer to my settings! Anne
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Yes, the Settings option in the main menu of the Stick after you have pressed the little Home (icon of a house) button on the NowTV remote.

Not Settings on the TV.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for this. Now can watch Now tv
Anne