cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to check if I can use my Sky sports pass or stick on my tv

I have a now tv pass for sky sports and want to use it on my t.v. before I buy a tv stick I want to check if t is compatable  with my tv - Samsung model: LE32D403E2W . (Not sure how old it is)

I am on  a BT and have a box and  have "Now T.V"  I can log in but only have films.

How can I use my Sky Sports pass on my t.v?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Movies only on the YouView box at present, though that is set to change next year.

As regards your Samsung TV - LE32D403E2W - LCD Europe 32ins 2011 (that’s what the D means) so no chance of the app on the TV itself.

You could look in the Samsung App Store for the NowTV app, but you might not get to the store, might not find the app, might find the app but you can’t download it, might download it but you can’t play it.

If you can play it, try watching a movie from your Cinema Pass. If you can, Sports will work on the TV also.

But I hold out no hope of a NowTV app on the TV itself working.

However, buy a Stick and plug it into the TV, and that’s a different matter - as long as the TV has an HDMI input free, this will be very satisfactory, and has made the smarts of my 2012 (E) 32in Samsung TV as good as new, when pretty much all the apps on the TV itself have died, don’t work, or were never available.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

As  long as your model is 2015 or newer then you should be able to watch it. Check the below link for devices that can play Now TV. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

Samsung

2015 models and later (see the Samsung info here for more details). 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Movies only on the YouView box at present, though that is set to change next year.

As regards your Samsung TV - LE32D403E2W - LCD Europe 32ins 2011 (that’s what the D means) so no chance of the app on the TV itself.

You could look in the Samsung App Store for the NowTV app, but you might not get to the store, might not find the app, might find the app but you can’t download it, might download it but you can’t play it.

If you can play it, try watching a movie from your Cinema Pass. If you can, Sports will work on the TV also.

But I hold out no hope of a NowTV app on the TV itself working.

However, buy a Stick and plug it into the TV, and that’s a different matter - as long as the TV has an HDMI input free, this will be very satisfactory, and has made the smarts of my 2012 (E) 32in Samsung TV as good as new, when pretty much all the apps on the TV itself have died, don’t work, or were never available.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your help.

I'll try the stick at some point but as I only want to watch sky sports for a few weeks (the darts over Christmas), I have plugged my Pc into my BT box and yippee can watch on full screen on my TV.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I’d be interested in more details of how you achieved that; is your BT box a YouView box or something else, as I can’t see where you would connect a PC to a YouViewbox?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, I said PC, it was my lap top.

To play it on my TV, I took the HDMI cable out of the back of the BT box (which I think is a standard box) and inserted it into the HDMI socket on my laptop which was playing Sky Sports through Now TV. So it was playing on both but controlling it through my laptop.

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

One of us has a shaky grasp of wiring then 😉

That sounds like your laptop has an HDMI Out (as does mine), and switching the HDMI cable away from the YouView box dropped it completely out of the loop, so you were purely watching NowTV from the laptop, played over the HDMI cable to the TV, and you could actually have switched the YouView box off, and that would have made no difference at all.

Does that sound plausible?