cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Harmony remote

Hi

Anyone using the new stick with a Harmony remote? I have the Ultimate remote and im wondering if this will work with the stick?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. The stick uses a Wi-Fi Direct remote and doesn't accept IR commands. I believe some versions of Harmony remotes are able to work with Wi-FI Direct devices but I don't know enough to give you a definite answer. I'd suggest getting in touch with Logitech direct - they have a freephone support number Kingdom 0800 032 6433. The NOW TV Smart Stick is a new product so they may be unfamiliar with it, however it's based on the US Roku Streaming Stick.

If you find any info it would be great if you could come back and share.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I setup my Now TV smart stick today and managed to get it working with my Harmony Ultimate remote & hub.

Was quite easy in the end. Once the smart stick is running and connected to wifi, using the MyHarmony desktop software go to Devices, Scan for devices, follow the on screen instructions and your smart stick should appear in the list allowing you to add it to your devices & activitys.

Only issues I have are a few missing shortcut buttons for the Harmony remote that are present on the original remote, these are the MY TV, TV GUIDE, KIDS & SKY STORE buttons, but this isnt really an issue and can navigate the menus using the Harmony easily. Also if using Harmony remote the voice search isnt possible.

Hope this helps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a harmony hub, and whilst it will detect the now TV stick on the LAN, recognise it as a Roku device and add it to the device list, it isn't able to control it.

Hopefully it will be able to in the future.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a harmony ultimate and hub - as of 3rd March it’s controlling the stick over WiFi just fine.

However the special short cut buttons, as TomPen87 says, are not able to be accessed.

Hopefully that will get sorted by Harmony soon...

sTeVE
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm trying to set up the "NowTV Smart Stick with HD and Voice Search" 3801UK with my Harmony Elite with WiFi Hub and can't get it to connect, it does a wifi scan but doesn't find it,  has anyone got this to work?

thanks very much

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve got my harmony hub to see my nowtv smartstick, and everything works fine until I change activity. When I come back to watch nowtv again, the harmony stops working the stick. If I restart the stick, it reconnects and works again. So I’m thinking it’s a smartstick issue rather than a harmony issue. 

Anybody else get this or know how to cure it?