cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HD Boost - Has it now gone widely to customers??????

Just spotted on my Now TV Stick, when in I go in to the Live Programming Guide in both Sports and Entertainment Sections, that a box has now appeared giving me the opportunity of the £3 HD and 5.1 Audio Boost......... you click on it and it gives you the chance to start the 7-day-free trial.  Has this feature now gone out to customers??????

It does say only available on certain content and devices..... and also a line saying it's not available on Hayu or FOX.  

Is this HD Boost thing only for certain Live programming or is it also catch-up????

I'm not particulary ready to sign-up and try it until I maybe know more about what content is or isn't Boosted.

Anyone else getting these HD Boost box things when they go in to the Live programming Guides???

43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous User
Not applicable

On my Samsung 4k TV the on demand has hd tags on hd content none of the fox on demand has the hd tag so it's safe to say fox will be the same quality as it always has been. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

On my Samsung 4k TV the on demand has hd tags on hd content none of the fox on demand has the hd tag so it's safe to say fox will be the same quality as it always has been. 

@Anonymous User 

That's a bit disappointing that Fox stuff seems to be completely out of the HD Boost loop, be it Live or with catch-up, that's a big channel and MIGHT even make me hang back a bit before trying????

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User

I am very surprised at Fox not being part of the line up for the HD boost. Perhaps this is similar to the Sports channels and is a work in progress?

Thankfully most of the shows I watch is either on Sky One or Sky Atlantic. That being said the number of people that use Now TV for the Walking Dead will be very annoyed to say the least that Fox hasn't been added as the Boost. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Fox for me is not the biggest part of my Now TV viewing, but it plays a part and as a TWD watcher that is a bit annoying to miss out on 1080p zombies!!!!! (that's if I do boost).

Yes, hopefully something that may change in the future.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just had a look on my now TV smart box and one TV series for fox is now appearing in hd on the on demand and it's not the walking dead. The show is called the passage. I have never heard of it before today. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

The Passage was a decent show that Fox showed earlier this year, but got cancelled after one season.  However, that show has long gone as a new show and is back in the Fox list as an older returning box set.

Hence, I can't quite remember the shows in the Fox list, but maybe older shows coming back as box sets will be HD, but new things in their first flush of catch-up will not?????  For example, the only Walking Dead episodes currently available are brand new, so not HD, but when the older seasons return in the future they could maybe have the HD option??????  Not quite ideal if you want to watch the new stuff in HD, you'll need to wait until it's old!!!!!

Hooba
Scholar 3

Delighted to see this is finally out. 

The only device I can access HD on is PS4 - which will only output at 60hz. So making it unviable to watch anything. Have tested it though, and it is a huge improvement over 720p.

I watch Now through AppleTV, and God only knows when that will be updated. Think I might buy a NOwTV stick in the meantime.

PoorService84
Scholar

It works fine on my Apple TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Going to very handy with a weekly sports pass! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@PoorService84 

Are you certain you are getting the Boost on your Apple TV as that device is not on the list provided in the Help section?

I'd be amazed if HD was available on the NowTV app on Apple when they can't even bring the UI up to date with the app on other devices.