cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HD Boost - Has it now gone widely to customers??????

Just spotted on my Now TV Stick, when in I go in to the Live Programming Guide in both Sports and Entertainment Sections, that a box has now appeared giving me the opportunity of the £3 HD and 5.1 Audio Boost......... you click on it and it gives you the chance to start the 7-day-free trial.  Has this feature now gone out to customers??????

It does say only available on certain content and devices..... and also a line saying it's not available on Hayu or FOX.  

Is this HD Boost thing only for certain Live programming or is it also catch-up????

I'm not particulary ready to sign-up and try it until I maybe know more about what content is or isn't Boosted.

Anyone else getting these HD Boost box things when they go in to the Live programming Guides???

43 REPLIES 43
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This was mentioned in another thread similarly about the HD boost. 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Stick/HD-Boost/m-p/512188#M3608

Are you part of the trials by any chance?

But my understanding of the Boost will be all Live and Catch up content. As a guess because its mentioned only certain devices and content it is still being tested, but the testing now at customer level perhaps. 

As I am part of the trials I have not had any information stating otherwise. 

That being said, what you have mentioned I will be sure to test it out when I get later today! 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Yes, saw that thread the other day about User receiving email about Boost....... I didn't get any emails (in fact, it's been a long long time since I got any emails from Now TV)...... and I'm not part of the trials.

As you say, maybe it's some sort of phased introduction to the customer base, only for certain content and devices and only appearing as an option to limited numbers????  It was just a surprise when I saw it first in the Watch Live Guide in Sports.... and I then went and saw the same thing in the Entertainment Watch Live Guide.  I would just want to know more before giving it a go.  Also, going online and in to my account I'm not seeing anything about the HD Boost there and being able to activate it...... not sure if I could only activate it on my Stick device....how could I then cancel it if it's not showing in My Account???

I tend to sit back and let others boldly take those first steps in to a new tech world....hence, why I tend not to try for the trials..... again, as you say, maybe this is just another part of the testing as it builds up to a wider launch.  All4 HD content, now maybe Now TV sometime soon...glory days ahead!!!!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Ah well if you are not part of the trials then that is certainly very promising to hear that the Boost is being phased out to customers on the Now TV devices. 

From what I assumed with the Boost in the trials is that it was only through the app, most likely for testing purposes, probably until the sign up process is ironed out. I asked several times about it being online under my account but wasn't really answered hence my assumption. 

We can only guess is that when you purchase the Boost it will be added onto your account, if I have the Boost option I will be finding out for sure.

Like you said finally with the launch of HD for All4 which was a very pleasant surprise, things are looking good finally! Just need the ITV hub to be in HD now. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

AT LONG LAST it's here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live chat told me yesterday it was launching today I have been able to sign up successfully. The frame rate has changed as well if you have the hd boost. Good bye to seeing issues on the football. Easy worth £3 just for that 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Live chat told me yesterday it was launching today I have been able to sign up successfully. The frame rate has changed as well if you have the hd boost. Good bye to seeing issues on the football. Easy worth £3 just for that 

@Anonymous User 

The HD Boost section in the Help Pages talks about the better 50fps on just two of the Sports Channels, Main Event and Premier League....... disappointing it's not all of them, but certainly better than no improvement on any of them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 @Anonymous User 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost

I see there is a section for it in the Help Pages......... 50fps on two of the Sports Channels!!!!!!!

AND, the HD Boost has now appeared at the bottom of My Passes & Vouchers section.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You are spot on! Found the trial to Boost on my account. 

Now its safe to say I need to leave work early to finally watch in HD haha. Nice spot sir!

Plus to round it off, you get 3 streams instead of 2. A very handy addition indeed!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You’ll need any of these devices to enjoy all the features of NOW TV Boost:

• NOW TV Smart Stick
  • Any NOW TV Box except the white box
  • Roku Express or Roku Streaming Stick
  • A supported Samsung TV
  • PS4
  • LG Web OS TV (50fps not currently available).

Good bye Trials stick, back to the app on my Samsung TV 😁