cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freeview

How do I get my free view channels on this bloody stick please anyone. 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi KG

The Now TV stick is a no-go, you need the Now TV Smart Box with an Aerial.

Now TV Smart Box with Remote Control.jpg

Unfortunately, if you really want freeview access then you have bought the wrong product.

Maybe you can return the Stick to the retailer and get the more expensive Smart Box instead.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You can't, only the first generation nowtv smart box has an inbuilt tuner to receive the over the air Freeview channels using a TV aerial connected to the box.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi KG

The Now TV stick is a no-go, you need the Now TV Smart Box with an Aerial.

Now TV Smart Box with Remote Control.jpg

Unfortunately, if you really want freeview access then you have bought the wrong product.

Maybe you can return the Stick to the retailer and get the more expensive Smart Box instead.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I have the NowTV box the blue one they sent me a email saying that the box is old and will no longer too use it and we will send you a stick for a replacement 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

The first generation smart box are not old or redundant (i use one in my set up) and i am guessing the email was possibly referring to the old white boxes that has less processing power and memory compared to all the other nowtv devices where there is a number of Apps such as Nefflix and UKTV Play etc that are not supported on the white nowtv boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So just continue using the box then yes ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If it's the smart box shown in the picture on this thread, then Yep keep using the nowtv smart box if you prefer this device over the nowtv stick Smiley Happy