cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Free to view live channels not showing up in guide

I have a now tv box which works well so I bought the stick for the bedroom but there are no freeview channels. Ariel is connected to tv

the Ariel goes in the back of the box but of course there is no Ariel port in the stick

csn you not view the normal channels with the stick ?? If so what a waste of money virtually useless !! 

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

As you have found out there is no Freeview channels with the nowtv smart stick because it doesn't have a built in TV tuner inside the stick with a socket for connection of an external TV aerial.

The only branded nowtv hardware which incorporates the Freeview TV channels is the smart box (like shown in the  photo below).

Smart_Box_main.png

Even if you are not interested in the nowtv passes, then i wouldn't say the smart stick is useless with the free Apps such has BBC iPlayer; YouTube etc and the Netflix App coming towards the end of the year.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer schnapps I am just a bit miffed that it does not have the same functions as the box and you cannot get the boxes anymore. Doesn't do what I wanted it to. Thanks for clarifying.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I believe Curry's are clearing stock of the nowtv smart box on their website with a bundled nowtv pass for £29.97.

Don't know what stock levels are like in your post code area.

I picked up an additional smart box for £20 in the sales about 8 months ago (haven't seen this price for the smart box since from any nowtv authorised retailers).