cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soulcal24
Scholar 3

Extra NOW TV App

Does anyone know why there another NOW Tv app in App Store but does say NOWJi Sky UK 

No not on any trial because on my daughter box 

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Soulcal24

I had a firmware update yesterday on my nowtv smart Freeview box and this second nowtv App also came up in My App Store.

No idea the reason why and when you try opening up the newer nowtv app it try's to load and nothing happens.

Maybe somebody from the NowTV Team can advise any reason for this second nowtv App or was it pushed out to owners boxes in error ?

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

@schnapps

I have seen that update version on normal app is 4.6 b733 but on second app it has 4.6 b791 so maybe future update but they added app in error but who to ask so we can more info on this 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Soulcal24

I will tag @Karl-F and @Jason-C of the NowTV Team to see if they can find out some more about the reason why this newer NowTV App ver 4.6 b791 date 6th of June 2018 has been pushed out to our boxes or if it is an error on their side.

At the moment you can't even remove the App from the box (unless i suppose you factory re set the box).

I would suggest for now leave the App on the box until the NowTV Team advise on here accordingly what to do.

Soulcal24
Scholar 3

@schnapps

Second App has been removed so NOW TV must have pushed it by mistake.