cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error! Something's not quite right.

Purchased the stick after no problems with the box for  the past year. I use the stick only on a weekly basis and every time I switch over to the TV and pressing "My TV" and picking the Sports program I get the Error message.

A push of the button on the side of the stick clears the problem, but surely I should not have to do this every time?

I have looked at similar posts, but non clear my problem. Hope someone can suggest a solution.

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've now ordered an HDMI cable as it could be the wifi signal strength causing the problem.

It is sometimes good and other times fair - so maybe???

Still needing resets at the moment though - I'll report back later.

BTW I've tried the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz wifi signals and not much difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Mary,

Thanks for the response and that you are having to reset the stick often,
just like myself. I don't know who advised you about the HDMI cable having
something to do with the WiFi, it doesn't. It just connects the sound and
picture from the stick to your TV. If it does improve the times you have to
reset the box, please let me know.
Hope Nowtv come up with a solution in the end.
Thanks again
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I believe @Anonymous User means a HDMI extender fly cable, something similar to the picture shown below, where it moves the smart stick further away from the TV outer casing, where it may or may not improve the WiFi reception on the stick.

When you go into your stick menu settings, what's the WiFi signal strength like ?

$_12.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I did mention in another post that there must be a WiFi fault with the new stick as I have a Roku stick and the black box which both show up excellent WiFi strength, I got the Now stick the other week and the WiFi signal strength is showing up weaker than my other 2 devices, and this is with them connected to the same TV so in the same room, I don’t at present  have any issues with the now stick in fact it’s perfect but  as I say as it is showing a weaker signal perhaps Now TV need to look into this as to why , as there will only be more people complaining of the same problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My signal is good. When on the line to the chat help people she did a check to see how my reception was and commented that the signal was ok, so don't think it has anything to do with that.

I have not had any buffering or dropping out just when I come to look at it the next day it needs a reset. If they put a reset in the software when it's woken up again I think that would solve the problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do realise HDMI cable has nothing to do with wifi. It just allows me to move the stick around to get a better wifi signal than leaving the stick plugged in behind the TV.

Signal is now consistently good, but I'm noticing other errors in the software now.

eg - Press myTV button and select any program and I get 'oops - we have an error we're working on it' but its fine if you go through 'my apps'

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Found out what was causing navigation errors its - 

If you go into 'Settings' - 'System' - 'Advanced System Settings' - 'External Control' - 'Network Access' and set it to 'Disabled', it causes these errors for some odd reason.

Setting it back to 'Default' has resolved this issue. I originally set it to 'Disabled' as I don't use the Roku Mobile App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just had the same thing. Unplugged and restarted with no joy. I went into system and restarted stick from there and all works ok. Hope this helps 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi wiggy I can say now my problem has been fixed by a firmware update,
since then no probs. Hope you enjoy as we do now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Please NOW TV Or SKY TV....will someone sort out this issue with the stick! I brought it as soon as it was released, and I’ve had nothing but resetting, updating, resetting, resetting etc etc to use it almost every other time!

My internet has full strength, no buffering or any other issues regarding the stick....except the ‘Oopps, something’s wrong’ kinda message.

Surely the product must have been given a total reset by now?? An official answer, other than ‘it must be a faulty stick’ which quite frankly isn’t helpful at all. It’s not the stick. It’s not the internet (which is placed two foot away!)...so please NOW TV...please can you now give us all an official answer to this problem & come up with an official solution to resolve this.

Thanks.