cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error! Something's not quite right.

Purchased the stick after no problems with the box for  the past year. I use the stick only on a weekly basis and every time I switch over to the TV and pressing "My TV" and picking the Sports program I get the Error message.

A push of the button on the side of the stick clears the problem, but surely I should not have to do this every time?

I have looked at similar posts, but non clear my problem. Hope someone can suggest a solution.

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Both my new sticks are doing this.

Would really like to know if there is a fix before I take them both back for a refund.

I cant keep resting them every time I want to use them.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

I don't own a smart stick, but I believe (might be wrong though) they are on firmware version 8.03, the same firmware version as the smart box and I was just wondering who is your broadband provider ?

The reason why i am asking, is that a fewTalkTalk customers are encountering issues with their smart boxes on firmware 8.03 when using the nowtv App with a TalkTalk Router.

If you are not on TalkTalk then ignore my post, where hopefully other smart stick owners can offer you some assistance.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT Internet and had no problems with the white or black boxes.

When it works the stick is more responsive and quality looks better - but no use if it needs resetting every time i want to use it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What's the WiFi reception signal like when you go into the stick menu network settings ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Schnapps,

SSE with a Technicolor TG589vac Router, could be similar problems to
TalkTalk (What are they?). I believe it's something on the stick that needs
a fix, as the box I had before was perfect.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't think they are related to be honest and I wouldn't want to give you the run around and waste your time.

If you are interested to know mind, some Talk Talk smart box users had some success (not all mind) with some of these suggestions below.

Switched off Router for 20 mins and changed the WiFi channel on their Router.

Changed the Router WiFi Freq range from 5ghz to 2.4ghz or vice versa.

Forced a software update in the secret menu (press home button x 5, FF x3, RW x2) or factory reset their devices.

You might be better off waiting for some helpful smart stick owners on here to offer you some advice or guidance on what things to try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the info I thought it was just me and my setup.

I will try the chat line if no one comes back with an answer. I'll post
anything I find.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just been on the Chat Line and the only solution they suggested was to get it replaced at Argos.

I am sure this problem could be fixed in the firmware as I believe it's a wider issue than they think.

Seen this one in the reviews:

Immortal9
The only problem I have had with it so far is: It occasionally apps playing any content with the error: "something's not right". I have to restart the device to get it working again. It's done this 3 times in the 5 days I've had it. Hopefully it's something that will be fixed in a firmware update.

We could do with a response from the Tech people to issue a statement before we all waste our time and get the sticks replaced and still have the same problem.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I doubt it's a faulty stick and would guess a replacement will still give the same results (never say never though)?

Look @Anonymous User case in this thread where they have two smart sticks both suffering from the same problems (what's the chance of two sticks out of two being faulty) ?