cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Error! Something's not quite right.

Purchased the stick after no problems with the box for  the past year. I use the stick only on a weekly basis and every time I switch over to the TV and pressing "My TV" and picking the Sports program I get the Error message.

A push of the button on the side of the stick clears the problem, but surely I should not have to do this every time?

I have looked at similar posts, but non clear my problem. Hope someone can suggest a solution.

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apologies - I bought it, not brought it!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought 2 sticks in Feb when they were launched and one of them (kitchen) has this problem. Whenever it is activated after being left overnight we get the error message when trying to view content, will only work if you reset the stick. I've tried updating the software but this has not resolved the issue.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I wonder if the smart stick located in the Kitchen is getting WiFi interference from your Kitchen appliances such as the Microwave etc.

What happens if you swap the working stick with the stick located in the Kitchen, does the error message still show on either of them ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps

Stick is the other side of the kitchen from the microwave and this is not being used when experiencing the issues.

I'll swap the sticks around to see if the issues continue, does seem to be a common problem though.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Would be interested if the problem follows the stick or the position. Look forward to your findings. My stick also needs a reset if left overnight.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for the tip.

One click didn't work but a double click did the trick and reconnected the system.

I agree this shouldn't be a secret and needs to be added to the help meno on NowTV 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve just purchased a Now TV stick to replace a Now TV box (so I could hide it all behind a wall mounted tv) the boxes I have are great. The Stick however is causing me nothing but problems. I get a warning saying my download speed is poor. That I should get a WiFi signal booster. When I can get a picture of Sky sports it looks like the rubbish stream from the illegal foreign football sites. Couldn’t even make out the score. Why would I find such a drop out just from going from NowTv box to NowTv stick. Should I take it back and see if a replacement works better? Really annoyed with the whole situation.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Coops,

Your problem is the signal strength of the WiFi not reaching the stick, perhaps the hdmi extension lead may help your situation?

I have a good signal and the program I watch does not have a problem. It's the inconvenience of resetting the stick everytime I come to use it. ie a different problem.

Hope you can resolve your situation by extending the cabling to the stick to get it closer to the router or as you suggest a WiFi extender may be the best solution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still needing to reset both sticks - Shame, as when they work they are much faster than the boxes.

Tried both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz wifi - extension on the hdmi cable so I can move the stick to get the best signal - 

BUT to no avail. 

Really fed up with them now - I may have to return them as they are not fit for purpose.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User I got the now stick a few weeks ago, I also had the black box which worked fine. Yes when working the sticks response time is a lot quicker. But like yours it keeps occurring problems. I thought I had sorted them out but now get after it’s been on for a while “somethings not quite right “and I have to go to home screen and then back to what I was watching for it to work again and when you’re watching a live sports channel it’s annoying.

In my TV upstairs I have an old Roku stick which is brilliant but very slow , so today I have decided to upgrade to a new Roku . It’s strange how my old Roku is fine but the Now stick is full of problems yet they are made by the same company