cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Delaying Sky Sports month pass

I've just bought a Now TV smart stick which comes with 1 month sky sports pass. Obviously, they come pre-loaded now but I do not want to use the pass just yet but I do want to use the stick. Is there any way of bypassing redeeming the voucher and then activating it later?

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You have a 12 month period to redeem your voucher that is pre loaded on the stick.

When you setup the stick you will be asked do you want to use the voucher straight away or save it for later.

Select save it for later, then when you are ready during the 12 month time frame (subject to that you haven't got any sports pass offer active on your account that is more than 30 days remaining) simply go to My Account > Passes & Vouchers section of your account towards the top of the page where there will be a link saying you have a voucher saved.

Job done and you can carry on using your new nowtv stick right away without using the voucher.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply. So that applies to the month sport pass? I only say that because when you buy a monthly pass the normal way it starts straight away and you don’t have the option to delay it (unlike the weekly and day passes). Just making sure I’ve understood you correctly
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Never used a one month sports pass voucher that was pre loaded on the stick to be honest (only the entertainment and cinema pass) which i saved for later on my account.

You are right in saying that the one month sports pass starts straight away if you buy the pass or apply a gift card code.

However i was under the impression that with the one month sports pass that comes electronically preloaded with the stick you can save it for later (up to a 12 month time limit) similar to the entertainment and cinema vouchers pre loaded on the stick.

You are starting to put doubt in my mind now maybe pop over to live chat and ask the question over there.

Here's a link to live chat, select the most appropriate help topic, then scroll towards the bottom of the page and click the drop down arrow below Get in Touch to reveal the live chat button.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/

Post back to confirm what they say.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Schapps

I looked at the Help, and at the Community, earlier for an answer for this question, and didn’t find one.

Does it go like other Stick Passes, into an area from which it can be redeemed only when you want it?

Or does it behave like a normal Soorts Pass, taking immediate effect? 

When we get an answer it ought to go in the Help, for perpetuity.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sports is same as cinema and entertainment. Activate when you are ready. Not sure what happens when you mix day and month passes, but I will be next week when I get new stick with 3 month pass.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Does this answer that?

You can only have one Sky Sports Day, Week or Month Pass at a time, but alongside any of these you can also have a  Sky Sports Mobile Month Pass.

So there definitely has to be a mechanism to put an embedded Sports voucher off a new Stick into the deferred area at the top of Passes & Vouchers; we don’t know if this always happens in every circumstance, but it is strong evidence for this being the case.

I wonder why Sports month passes you enter manually start straight away though, which makes them confusingly different from any other sort of pass, including the other Sports ones. 

Can anyone explain the rationale behind this?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I suspect what will happen is my to be activated cinema, entertainment, day sports and three month sports will be shown separately, but I have to wait until Saturday to confirm as I am outside UK at present.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Hi, I have the same question as above and am struggling to find a definitive answer!

I am about to purchase a stick with the 3 month sky sport pass, and just wondered if you were able to save it for later or if you had to activate the sports pass as soon as you signed in?

Thanks in advance!

starman73
Elite

You can start the pass whenever you want. It will expire in 2099 (69 years time).

They are all placed here

https://account.nowtv.com/passes/my-vouchers

You can have numerous passes of the same type like this...

Screenshot_20200518-222909.png

Screenshot_20200518-222607.png