cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Data usage tv stick

Watched 2 football matches whick used 10gb. Nor ally this would be maximum of 4. Router is fine, just that Nowtv stick likes to eat my data and still only give poor quality, regardless of this usage issue. 

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

According to this article, a couple of football matches (say 4 hours, with leadup and post-match?) at the 720p that NowTV runs at will be somewhere North of 8Gb, so 10 isn’t out of its tree.

To get it in 4Gb, you’d have to watch in SD, which NowTV doesn’t do.

But are you on a metered connection, given that you are worrying about this?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Watch game only. When I had box instead of stick, 2gb was max. Stick only does 2.4 ghertz whereas 5 is now available.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have 50gb to use. For me that equates to at least 30 films and 25 matches. It is not the metering that is the problem, it is Nowtv outdated technology.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

How would the Stick having the 5Ghz band help with your data consumption?

And presumably, you are going in the opposite direction to all those clamouring for 1080p so you can watch the footy in 480i fuzzyvision?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

Live streams need more data than compressed on-demand streams so they cannot be compared. I find I use around 3GB for 100 minutes watching a football match. Switch off at half time to avoid Carragob & Sourpuss.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doubt HD will ever come, having waited so long for it. Speed of transmission helps otherwise....