cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Currys 50% Trade in Offer for selected NowTV Sticks.

This deal might be useful to someone.

Where Currys are currently offering a 50% discount on selected NowTV sticks with a bundled pass, when you hand in an old media streamer.

One device per person where the Trade in offer ends on the 19/3/2019 ( can't see anywhere on what old media streamers are permitted under the trade in scheme apart from 2018 or older model).

Might dig out one of my many unused white nowtv boxes to see if i can get this 50% discount when passing my local Currys 😀😀😀

Just remember if you have used your old media streamer previously then make sure you factory reset it to wipe your account or personal details from the device.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/now-tv-tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/30...

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can anyone keep us posted on how they get on with this?

We have 2 old white ones but no boxes as far as I know, as they usually get recycled when the warranty period is up. Both have working remotes and cables. 

Not close enough to a Currys to be lucky enough to be just passing so don't want to make the trip if it would be a wasted journey.

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If i have got time tomorrow, i will pop into my local Curry's  when passing and take an old nowtv white box into them to see if they will honour the 50% trade in with a brand new nowtv stick with either a 2 month entertainment or 1 month cinema bundled pass for £10.

Will post tomorrow afternoon of the outcome.

Edit - Perhaps it might be wise to phone your local Curry's to see if they will honour the deal with a nowtv white box trade in and they also have stock of the nowtv stick with the bundled pass that you want to avoid a wasted trip and incuring petrol costs.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Something cropped up so my journey today didn't take me past my local nearest Curry's Smiley Sad.

Looking at my diary schedule over the next two weeks, it doesn't look like i will be passing my local Curry's Store.

Was only interested in the two month entertainment pass to be honest where the stick would have been a bonus where it would have either been used has a backup spare or i would have given the stick away to a family member.

My entertainment pass doesn't finish to the end of May so there is no urgency on my part and when i get closer to the renewal date i will see if there is any Bank Hoilday offers such has a 3 month entertainment pass and one day sports pass with the stick for £15 (where i picked this deal up during the BF sales)

Or if there is no offers around the end of May, then i will pick up a nowtv 2 month entertainment gift card for £10 instead.

If you are still interested in the Curry's 50% Trade in offer, then maybe phone Curry's or drop them an email to see if they will accept an old white nowtv box has part of the trade in offer (unless somebody on here has already had success trading in an old white nowtv box).

Just be aware the trade in offer is only available under Curry's "Click & Collect" method and there is no option to walk into the store out of the blue or select home delivery.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would have used Reserve and Collect anyway as I wouldn't want there to be no stock when I got there.

I have my new Smart Box so the stick would also have been for a family member, who is happy with their white box for the moment. I'm also thinking of waiting for future deals (especially since I discovered that Currys have the 3 month Entertainment and 1 day sport on offer for the same price as the 2 Month Entertainment, but the former is out of stock in the store I would be going to.)

Thanks for your replies. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looking on the internet Sainsbury's was recently selling the nowtv stick with a bundled 3 month entertainment and one day sports pass for £18 which is the best deal that i could find at the moment for this bundled package (don't know if the offer is still on where i haven't got a Sainsbury's local to me).

When or if this above deal hits £15 again i will dust the cobwebs from my wallet Smiley Very Happy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had to take a detour today for some dog worming tablets (out of stock where I would usually get them) so I picked up this offer as the pet shop was near Currys. I thought I would let the forum know how I got on in case it is of benefit to someone else. 

Most of the staff didn't seem to know about the offer or what they were supposed to take. In the end they took only the box and the remote and none of the cables. 

I had reserved online though was invited to pick one from the display so I would assume that reserving is not a prerequisite for the offer (unless of course it came about because of the lack of communication from Currys to their staff about the terms of the offer.) I simply handed over my reservation number and they honoured the deal at £9.99 rather than the £19.99 when you reserve.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Was passing Curry's this morning so i decided too bag myself a nowtv stick with a bundled 2 month entertainment pass for £9.99 taking advantage of this 50% discount offer by trading in an old used white nowtv box.

I didn't even go through the Reserve & Collect service and went into the Store on the off chance.

The Curry's Staff didn't even know about the deal until i showed them a screen shot off my phone.

Anyway i am OK for entertainment vouchers now until towards the end of July and will be on the lookout again for new nowtv offers hopefully over the Easter and May Bank Hoildays.

Will give the stick to one of my family members to use with the catch up services.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

The Wembley Park branch also didn’t know about the offer (although the computer system did). Luckily, I had the forsight to print-off the offer page when I reserved the stick. I showed the print out to the store clerk (who complained that nobody tells them anything). Anyway, offloaded a white box, got a shiny new stick with 2 month entertainment pass for only £9.99. He kept my print out so other employees at that branch should know about the trade-in offer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looks like the lack of knowledge of the offer is a common thing then. 

I also went armed with the screenshots though didn't need them as the lady serving me went off to speak to a colleague (maybe one of the managers who did know about it.) It was all the people at the tills that were unaware.