cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Currys 50% Trade in Offer for selected NowTV Sticks.

This deal might be useful to someone.

Where Currys are currently offering a 50% discount on selected NowTV sticks with a bundled pass, when you hand in an old media streamer.

One device per person where the Trade in offer ends on the 19/3/2019 ( can't see anywhere on what old media streamers are permitted under the trade in scheme apart from 2018 or older model).

Might dig out one of my many unused white nowtv boxes to see if i can get this 50% discount when passing my local Currys ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Just remember if you have used your old media streamer previously then make sure you factory reset it to wipe your account or personal details from the device.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/now-tv-tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/30...

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Used reserve and collect option on Curry's website, and took my old white box into the Currys store.

Price was ยฃ19.99, and when I handed over my white box - reduced down to ยฃ9.99.

I was also allowed to keep the HDMI cable. 

Can't see any issue returning back to store with another box, unless the same assistant is serving, and remembers me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Given the lack of knowledge about the offer, it wouldn't surprise me if some customers were able to get two from the same staff member. I won't be trying it as it isn't in the spirit of the offer and given the recent unavailability of some apps on the white box, this feels like an ideal offer for those forced to upgrade.

If anyone is trying it, bear in mind that included passes are only good to be activated within a year of purchase. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Thought i would give this thread one final last bump, where the Curry's 50% Trade in offer is due to expire this Tuesday the 19th of March 2019.

Chris_Gregg72
Scholar

Done this yesterday.... traded my old white box that was most likely going to be binned... could have handed anything over though guy never even looked in the box