cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting to Hotel Wifi when there is no prompt

Hi Guys,

I'm currently trying to connect my Now TV Stick to Hotel Wifi. When I connect on my phone it looks like an open network but a webpage opens up where you have to put in a room number and an access code.

I've seen this guide; https://help.nowtv.com/article/use-now-tv-device-in-hotel-or-student-accommodation

However when I connect to the hotel WiFi I don't get a pop up box asking if it is hotel WiFi or a hotspot. It just starts trying to connect. It succeeds in connecting to the router but can't get internet access as I can't enter my room number and access code.

On the above guide it shows you should connect your phone to the now TV stick via a temporary hotspot, you then input your access code on your phone and the now TV stick gets access. Is there any other way to force this?

I'm at a hotel for two months and desperate to be able to use the stick. It's frustrating that the stick is obviously capable but can't start the right process. I've tried the now TV live chat and they haven't understood or the chat has timed out. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamie

4 REPLIES 4
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Jamie

Got a silly question but I gotta ask, have you checked with the IT guy on the hotel staff?  I mean, they've gotta have one, even if he visits from time to time or you have to phone him for help.

And, after all, he's the guy that will know his way around the hotel system to grant you Internet access.

UK Bob

jacquibabs
Advocate

Hi..I am having the exact same problem..did you get a way to connect? I have asked the IT guy here but obviously Now TV is not something they have a clue about ..help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem here.  Trying to set up an elderly relative with NOW TV in a care home. 
I follow all the steps but once I’ve connected to the box, I open a browser but I don’t get a page to enter the room number or anything. 
bit frustrating - Uncle Fred is desperate to watch the cricket! 
Any ideas? 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What device are you trying to get Now on?

Are you following the instructions in the link given above?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/use-now-device-in-hotel-or-student-accommodation

As there is no step in this that involves a browser.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.