cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Connecting new WiFi

Hello im looking to watch the boxing saturday if i buy a now tv stick and buy sports can i use my phone wifi to watch it on my tv
2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I would have thought in theory it should work using the nowtv stick in combination with your smartphone mobile data and link the stick via a wifi hotspot connection on your phone.

Though this post of mine is not a guarantee that it will work and it will be at your own risk and cost (unless somebody on here wants to give you full reassurances that they already done it this way previously watching Sky Sports Box Office).

Don't know how much mobile data it will need mind if it does work (could be anywhere around 1.5 to 2.5 GB per hour so bear that in mind also).

Also, you don't need to purchase a NowTV Sports Pass for this event, where you need to buy the fight via Sky Sports Box Office.

Have a read of this linked help article with FAQ about how to buy the fight and other relevant information.

https://www.skysports.com/terms-and-conditions/12930/10539101/FAQs

If it was me i would seek the answers to all your questions by opening up the FAQ link above, where there is a help support email address for Neulion who are the company that are responsible for the boxing event and all technical issues or questions should be addressed to them.

Hopefully Neulion will be able to assist you further.

Anyway Good luck and fingers crossed Neulion will say it is possible to use the nowtv stick and your mobile wifi internet connection with their Sky Sports Box Office live stream.

Let us know how you get on with Neulion and i for one will be intrested what they say.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Obviously ignore the bit about who is fighting and it's not Joshua (where the FAQ was taken from a old link) and the fight is Whyte v Rivas plus undercard fights for £19.95.

I found some further information here from the NowTV Help Centre section about the match.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-sky-sports-box-office-events-on-now-tv