cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancelling Passes

Hi, I've just set up my new Now TV stick and it has automatically started the Sky Cinema and Entertainment month passes that came with it. Though thankfully it has not started the day pass. I would rather not have started them straight away to be honest.

But now they have started, if I use the cancel feature, will they cancel immediately I.E the remainder of the month or just prevent the renewal and subsequent payment?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User and welcome to the Community!

They will run for their allotted month; Cancel really means “Don’t renew”.

It is an excellent strategy to cancel both Passes right now, and make sure by looking in Passes & Vouchers afterwards that both are indeed Cancelled.

Then, during the month, you can decide at your leisure if you want to continue either or both, and do so after these initial passes expire.

Also, if you are in an environment where your NowTV account is shared, I recommend you go to   My Account/Payments & PINs, and set up a Payment PIN, which will prevent anyone who doesn’t know the PIN from inadvertently or deliberately starting a new Pass, at your expense.

The Sports Day Pass will wait patiently until you want it, and this and the Weekly one, should you buy it, do not auto-renew, though the monthly one does.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User and welcome to the Community!

They will run for their allotted month; Cancel really means “Don’t renew”.

It is an excellent strategy to cancel both Passes right now, and make sure by looking in Passes & Vouchers afterwards that both are indeed Cancelled.

Then, during the month, you can decide at your leisure if you want to continue either or both, and do so after these initial passes expire.

Also, if you are in an environment where your NowTV account is shared, I recommend you go to   My Account/Payments & PINs, and set up a Payment PIN, which will prevent anyone who doesn’t know the PIN from inadvertently or deliberately starting a new Pass, at your expense.

The Sports Day Pass will wait patiently until you want it, and this and the Weekly one, should you buy it, do not auto-renew, though the monthly one does.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
That's great mate. Thank you for the reply.

I've just tried pressing cancel on those passes in question and the page loads but just reverts back to the same page as if nothing has actually changed 🤔

Not having a great start with this at all between this, the passes starting without me wanting to and not being able to sign in to Sky Store all last night. Really disappointing.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Oh dear. My Account/Passes & Vouchers, click/tap Cancel Pass?

I just tried that on my iPad, and got a hurt-sounding ‘Was it something we said?’ page, which kicks off the Cancel process.

My illustrious colleague @schnapps, who has more juju than me, recommends trying a different browser if you get this issue, Edge if possible, maybe Chrome going Incognito, to which I might add Firefox/Restart with Add-ons Disabled, as these clever bolt ons you get with browsers sometimes stop pages redirecting, or even appearing, when they should.

I haven’t used Sky Store; but it might be worth trying it again now some time has elapsed.

RoyB
Legend

EDIT: My NowTV account details get me signed in to Sky Store on the NowTV Stick on our lounge TV, and it seems to work fine.

But there are no free tastes, so I haven’t actually tried to play anything.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB  @Anonymous User 

With regards to cancelling your passes sometimes when you see the loading page with the spinning coloured circles it may or may not point to some sort of ad blocking or firewall software on your device.

Or it could be an issue at NowTV's end, where usually the forum will be flooded with customers reporting the problem.

If you get no joy trying a different internet browser making sure any blocking software is temporary disabled, then see if live chat can assist with cancelling your passes.

With regards to Sky Store have you made any password changes to either NowTV recently or your Sky ID account (if you have one) where they are not linked anymore.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks again for the replies both.

I'll try the incognito/different browser now. I'll be very impressed should that be the problem. I've used chrome for years now and never seemed to have an issue.

As for the Sky Store, I've not changed any passwords etc recently. I still cant get in through the app on my new stick but it let's me log in using the same credentials via chrome on my phone.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With regards to the Sky Store App on your Stick, see if removing the Sky Store App, then go into the Apps Store menu on the stick and re install the App again.

Then sign into your Sky Store account with the same Sky ID login details you used to access the Sky Store App on your phone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I made the mistake of buying 1 month of sports mobile for my ipad pro, only to discover it is not compatible! I have cancelled the pass but it doesn’t say anything about a refund, only that I can continue watching till 30th August!

Any ideas anyone?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Cancel really means ‘Don’t Renew’, and the existing pass still runs until it expires, so there is nothing to refund for.

Surely you have a mobile phone you can watch it on?

If you think you have been mis-sold it though, see whoever you bought it from for a refund.

If that was NowTV themselves, get onto Live Chat and ask for a refund, via this process :-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.