cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cancel

Hi i brought a tv stick end of march but never used it as sky offered a good deal to stay. so now left with a unused tv stick. can it be returned for a refund or can i sell it on or is it purely registered to me . thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Suppose there is no harm asking the question to the Retailer or Shop you purchased the Stick from,

Did you physically setup & activate the stick or is it unused in the box ?

Should you sell on the stick or give the stick to a third party, make sure you factory reset the stick to wipe all your sensitive account details from it if you have already setup the stick on your television.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Suppose there is no harm asking the question to the Retailer or Shop you purchased the Stick from,

Did you physically setup & activate the stick or is it unused in the box ?

Should you sell on the stick or give the stick to a third party, make sure you factory reset the stick to wipe all your sensitive account details from it if you have already setup the stick on your television.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there thanks for your message no i never activated the stick at all still in packaging. etc so hopefully they’ll let me return i brought off the now tv site directly. 🤞 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Normally i would point you towards live chat if you bought the stick directly off their website.

Since live chat is closed for the foreseeable future due to COVID-19, then perhaps send them an email to get the ball rolling (see screen shot below for their email address)

Also before emailing them have a quick read of this linked article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/return-or-replace-now-tv-box-stick-or-accessories 

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fab thanks for your help 👍😁

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I doubt they will let you return, you might be better talking to sky, see if they will accept the return.

Or you could sell on Ebay, go fo £16+ more if with a voucher.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks that’s an option if i can’t return cheers for your message 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

yes depending on how much u paid.

If it came with pre-loaded voucher. 

If you not set it up at all, the voucher/vouchers will still be on the stick.

therefor would sell for more if you did decide to sell it privately. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi yeah i paid £26.99 and that came with a 2 month entertainment pass. I will email customer services and see what the deal is. if not i could sell it private i guess but i assume as i never activated it it would not include any personal data 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you haven't activated the stick yet, then there will be no personal details on the stick so you will be safe.

The only thing that will be on the stick is the two month voucher code which is electronically embedded on the stick and can be redeemed & used by anybody who buys the stick from you if NowTV won't take the stick back and give you a refund.