cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't redeem voucher that came with the stick

Every time I try to redeem the 2 month voucher that came with the stick, I just get a message saying "This is taking too long. NowTV may be unavailable or too busy right now" (or similar wording). I've been trying for nearly 3 hours now...how "busy" can they be, in the middle of the day on a Thursday?

I thought the set-up process was going too well!

20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had exactly the same problem as you yesterday with a 1 month sky sport stick. Repeatedly tried to load the voucher but got the busy message and the chat just wouldn't connect.  Just tried again at 7.30 busy message still. Will contact chat soon to see what the issue is.  To me we've been sold a product that does not match the description i.e. no pass loaded. Surely that's a matter for trading standards.  If I get the same response as you I will be saying this.  If I was you I would be back on chat asking for my extra month too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Actually, in an update to my last rant, I've now had an email from NowTV explaining that the voucher I had redeemed WAS for two months, as advertised. They explained that ALL such vouchers are for a month, it's just that I won't be charged through my account for the first two of them!

So that's supposed to be clear to a new user, is it? At least the issue is resolved, although it's taken me nearly 24 hours to finally resolve the issue arising from the "easy" set-up procedure. I've told them what I think of their user interface!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

just been on chat.  told me you cant use google isnt supported so thats a bit daft not warning people of that, told me to use firefox, did that, still nothing,  gave me the code so i could enter that and still the same result.  now been escalated and technical team will email me 24-48 hours. not a good 1st experience witt NOW TV and it seems an awful lot of people are having the same issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem 3 new codes and still not working. Very poor from sky does not do what it says on the box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
 I found the get in touch button at the bottom of the frequently asked questions about smart sticks after clicking on something about redeeming vouchers. Once i got on the chat line it was fairly easy as they were extremely helpful, if you cant find it that way perhaps try typing 'get in touch' or 'online chat' in the search box.  I was using a laptop, it may be harder to find if you are using your mobile.
I really hope this helps, its very frustrating when they tell you its easy on the packaging!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just been and had a look where I found it, you click on Help at top of this page and select help centre, then follow all the stuff about problems with vouchers, scroll down to this...         

Checked all of the above and the code’s still not working?

Just get in touch and we’ll try to help.

Once I found it they really were very helpful

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to redeem voucher

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Help needed