cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can’t get past activation on stick

please help I have bought a stick and when I try to set it up I can’t get past the activation code Tv screen. I have tried using my laptop, my phone, a tablet and my phones data rather than WiFi  but I just get the oops there is a problem at our end message.  I have also tried it on other TVs but no joy.  Any ideas as there is no one I can contact for help or should I just return the stick and forget all about now tv?

3 REPLIES 3
Geluk
Expert 2

You must enter code using the screen that appears during the Stick's activation, not the route you usually use when applying a new voucher using the "My Account" portal.

That may assist.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m confused, when I set up my new stick and it asks me to enter the code on my tv to www.nowtv.com/tv it takes me to the oops screen and I can’t get it any further?  
do you mean I can add the code on to the my account section of my login?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

This problem is happening more than usual from what i can tell on the Community Forum.

I can only suggest try the MS Edge internet browser which works for me and if you are a UK customer make sure you go to the NowTV webpage shown on your television screen which has gb in the web address.

Or if you are a Republic of Ireland customer the address on the television screen should have ie in it instead of gb.

Also make sure when you type in the web address shown from the television screen it doesn't auto correct to a different nowtv web address when typing in your internet browser url address bar (not search engine).

NowTV was encountering some technical problems for certain customers accounts when it comes to cancelling passes, applying vouchers or asking for a password reset (don't know if activating a stick is also an issue).

Should you be using a VPN on your Router or the device when trying to access the NowTV webpage address, then disable it.

If you have a smartphone with a mobile data plan, then perhaps try the phone with the mobile internet data using the Fire Fox internet browser when attempting to type in the code on the web address on your television screen.