cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I use my stick on virgin tv

Hello,

I'm new to this so sorry for the silly question, i already know you cant get the app on virgin tv, but I have just bought a stick, plugged it into my tv and nothing happens. Can you not even watch on tv if you have virgin even if you've bought a box or a stick??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Shouldn't be a problem using a different ISP such has Virgin when using the stick.

When you plug in the stick into your TV HDMI port and use the supplied power adpator how far do you get on screen.

Does the stick connect to your Virgin Router where normally you see three green ticks on screen saying you have connected over wifi.

Or the TV screen is totally blank or you can't get past where there is a 6 digit code on your television screen ?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Shouldn't be a problem using a different ISP such has Virgin when using the stick.

When you plug in the stick into your TV HDMI port and use the supplied power adpator how far do you get on screen.

Does the stick connect to your Virgin Router where normally you see three green ticks on screen saying you have connected over wifi.

Or the TV screen is totally blank or you can't get past where there is a 6 digit code on your television screen ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I was being a bit of a wally. I've now managed to get it working, sort of. It comes up with the now tv logo but for some reason that's it and the remote control does nothing. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you manage to get the NowTV stick working or are you still stuck somewhere during the setup process ?

Firstly see if any of these trouble shooting steps on this link below helps.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got it working now. Thank you everyone for the help!

RoyB
Legend

Early Virgin routers cause problems with NowTV - and with YouView, which is where I first encountered this.

Check with Virgin if you have their latest Hub or not, and if not, ask if you can have one of these sent out to you, describing your difficulties here.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hello,

I'm new to this so sorry for the silly question, i already know you cant get the app on virgin tv, but I have just bought a stick, plugged it into my tv and nothing happens. Can you not even watch on tv if you have virgin even if you've bought a box or a stick??

Firstly, you can't use your stick on Virgin TV.

If you plug your stick into a HDMI port on your TV and it is powered up, you need to sign into your Virgin WiFi  (you need the password) via Settings->Network->Set Up Connection->Wireless

Check you can watch iPlayer, ITV HUB, All 4, My5 without a pass

To watch Now TV make sure you are signed in via My Account and you will need an active pass.