cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I delay activating a pass

Hi .. I have just bought a new Now TV stick which comes with a complimentary 1 month Cinema Pass. I already have a 2 month Cinema Pass that expires mid-January. 

Can I delay activating the comp pass until my present one expires, or if I activate it now, will it kick in automatically when my present one expires?

Thanks....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you want the new 1 month cinema voucher to continue straight after your current 2 month  cinema pass currently on your account, then you will need to redeem & start the 1 month new cinema voucher in the last 30 days of your current cinema offer finishing.

Was there a paper scratch card voucher code inside the box with the stick or does it say on the front of the box outer packing "Redeem voucher during setup" ?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If you want the new 1 month cinema voucher to continue straight after your current 2 month  cinema pass currently on your account, then you will need to redeem & start the 1 month new cinema voucher in the last 30 days of your current cinema offer finishing.

Was there a paper scratch card voucher code inside the box with the stick or does it say on the front of the box outer packing "Redeem voucher during setup" ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Forgot to ask the question, when ideally do you want to start this one month cinema extra pass ?

Straight after your current two month cinema pass so you get three months of continuous cinema or you wish to keep the one month extra cinema pass saved for a later future date well after the two month pass has finished ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again ... I'll go with setting it up as the other one expires .. thanks..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi schnapps ..

It does say 'Redeem Pass During Set-up' on the box.

I am just setting everything up now. When I did the initial set-up online it prombted me to 'activate' the comp cinema pass to start watching..

I have not activated it and have now signed on to the new Now TV stick which of course recognizes my present 2 month Cinema Pass - I also have a 2 month Entertainment Pass, and they both expire on the 18th Jan.

So you are saying that I can delay activating the comp one, until within 30 days of my present one expiring (so, after 18th Dec..)?  

Thanks v much!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When you go to My Account on here and select Passes & Vouchers, towards the top of the screen you should see a message saying "vouchers waiting for you" with a green link button to "view your vouchers".

Based on the info your telling me it should show a cinema voucher saved on your account where it  will say something like available to redeem on the 18th of January where it should be currently locked.

If you want the extra 1 month cinema to automatically continue after the 18th of January, then go back to this page sometime after the 18th of December but before the 18th of January and the cinema voucher should then be unlocked and ready to redeem on your account.

Just remember if you don't want to continue with the cinema pass after the 18th of February to cancel the pass in advanced to prevent paying the monthly subscription price of £9.99 each month.

If you want to continue with the movies, then look at further cinema voucher codes or nowtv gift cards which you can apply to your account within the last 30 days on an existing offer.

I always tend to add my new voucher codes as soon as the 30 day threshold limit is available to me.

Or alternatively cancel in the last 30 days when your one cinema voucher is going to finish to see if NowTV offer you a short term retention deal for staying.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, the Stick and the Android app don't realise you have Passes waiting. You reminded me that the website does 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue - already have pass via app but just bought stick with 2 month pass for older tv.  My box says ‘redeem pass during set-up’ .  Will this work concurrently or do I have to wait til end of current pass, cancel and start again?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have the same issue - already have pass via app but just bought stick with 2 month pass for older tv.  My box says ‘redeem pass during set-up’ .  Will this work concurrently or do I have to wait til end of current pass, cancel and start again?

Don’t cancel, unless you actually want a gap of time before you start the new voucher; just redeem the voucher in the last 30 days of the 2-month Pass (it won’t let you redeem it any earlier anyway).

This will then be scheduled to start when the two-month pass expires, giving you a third month of unbroken service.

During that third month, if you want to continue the service, remember to pick up some more vouchers from Curry’s, and redeem one during that month; at £5 each, these are a useful saving over NowTV’s regular price.

But if you want to quit (what is life, when GoT is no more?), then cancel during that third month. The service won’t stop immediately; it will continue until the end of that voucher.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks (and for the Currys tip!). My current pass is on a monthly credit card auto renew. Does that change the advice or do I proceed as you suggest?