cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I check my smart stick without activating pass?

Hi there, 

I have just purchased a smart stick with a 2 month entertainment pass. However, my Sky service doesn't end until 9th Feb, and I really want to check out Now TV before that date to make sure I'll get all the content I need. So, if I plug the stick in can I bypass activating the pass until the 9th and still check out what Now TV has to offer? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The two month voucher electronically embedded on the stick will start on the day of setting it up if you haven't got an active entertainment pass on your account 😠.

The only way that the two month entertainment voucher would be saved on your account to be used later if when setting up the stick your existing entertainment pass had more than 30 days remaining before it's next due scheduled payment date.

If you want to get familiar with the NowTV layout without using the vouchers off the stick, then maybe see if you own any supported devices from the linked article below so you can see what's on the entertainment service (obviously don't buy an entertainment pass or start a 7 day free trial until your Sky Satellite Entertainment subscription is up).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

On the 9th i would start a free 7 day entertainment trial first (if you haven't took advantage of this trial in the past) and once the trial has kicked in on day one, i would then setup your stick using the same account details which should give you 2 months and 7 days of continuous NowTV Entertainment).

If you own a supported device from the above link, then you could start another 7 day trial like Cinema for example, but just remember to cancel the trial fully before the trial ends, where i would recommend to cancel the Cinema trial for example on either day one or day two (you still get the full 7 days duration of the trial).

Just don't leave cancelling the free trial in the final 24 hours where the NowTV system might temporary freeze the cancel button on your account when they are in the process of taking money from your account for next full month subscription.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The two month voucher electronically embedded on the stick will start on the day of setting it up if you haven't got an active entertainment pass on your account 😠.

The only way that the two month entertainment voucher would be saved on your account to be used later if when setting up the stick your existing entertainment pass had more than 30 days remaining before it's next due scheduled payment date.

If you want to get familiar with the NowTV layout without using the vouchers off the stick, then maybe see if you own any supported devices from the linked article below so you can see what's on the entertainment service (obviously don't buy an entertainment pass or start a 7 day free trial until your Sky Satellite Entertainment subscription is up).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

On the 9th i would start a free 7 day entertainment trial first (if you haven't took advantage of this trial in the past) and once the trial has kicked in on day one, i would then setup your stick using the same account details which should give you 2 months and 7 days of continuous NowTV Entertainment).

If you own a supported device from the above link, then you could start another 7 day trial like Cinema for example, but just remember to cancel the trial fully before the trial ends, where i would recommend to cancel the Cinema trial for example on either day one or day two (you still get the full 7 days duration of the trial).

Just don't leave cancelling the free trial in the final 24 hours where the NowTV system might temporary freeze the cancel button on your account when they are in the process of taking money from your account for next full month subscription.