cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I access Roku channels through nowtv stick?

Can I access Roku channels through nowtv stick?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. Only the apps in the App Store on the NOW TV stick/box are available for download, you don't get access to any other Roku channel apps  (although Netflix should be coming later this year) so if that's a major consideration for you, you may be better looking at the Roku Express or Streaming Stick+.

More info here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-apps-are-available-on-now-tv-box-stick

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. Only the apps in the App Store on the NOW TV stick/box are available for download, you don't get access to any other Roku channel apps  (although Netflix should be coming later this year) so if that's a major consideration for you, you may be better looking at the Roku Express or Streaming Stick+.

More info here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-apps-are-available-on-now-tv-box-stick

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Andy thanks for that, it is where it says Roku Channels access 1000s of channels for free and I thought how? But you have cleared it up, me being a Yorkshire man thought I was getting somat for nowt, cheers and thanks for the quick response Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That’s pretty bad considering if you buy a Roku you can access Now TV through it, why not the other way around?? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

That’s pretty bad considering if you buy a Roku you can access Now TV through it, why not the other way around?? 

Because the Now TV stick is heavily subsidised so you watch Now TV and Sky Store on it and little else.  Now TV don't want you to watch Amazon Prime on it. You don't get Now TV on the Amazon stick for similar reasons.

Also It is not in Roku's interest for the Now TV devices to have the same specification for a lower price, otherwise no one would buy their sticks.